· Perform conflict of interest searches for clients, matters, new hires and upon request; prepare clear and concise reports while using appropriate judgment to filter data to be included in results.
· Conduct factual research to identify potential conflicts and as well as the accuracy and quality of other relevant data using internal and external resources including, but not limited to, Firm databases, outside vendor resources and internet sites.
· Review submitted data for new client and client/matter acceptance. Research accuracy and quality of information as well as potential client relationships.
· Develop and maintain expertise in Elite and any other software necessary to perform job functions.
· Provide telephone assistance and respond to inquiries from other staff members and end users regarding conflict of interest checks, client/matter status and end-user system support.
· Other duties as requested and assigned.
· High school diploma or G.E.D. and 1-2 years of post-secondary education; 2-4 years of legal assistant or conflicts experience desirable.
· Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Microsoft Excel. Strong research skills required. Proven aptitude to learn new software applications. Prior experience in utilizing Elite 3E or other automated conflicts systems preferred.
· Interpersonal communication skills necessary to maintain effective relationships with partners, attorneys, clients and staff.
Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.