To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Costa Mesa, CA 92627
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Tax Accountant
Cresta Management Services • Costa Mesa, CA
Posted 8 hours ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Our client is a Top 100 accounting and consulting firm in the West Region. Serving clients for nearly 70 years, our client has developed a reputation for excellence and expertise in the accounting and management consulting industry. Providing the services of a large firm with a blended environment of practices, services and industry specializations, our client continues to demonstrate renowned industry leadership year-over-year. Our client takes pride in client service and professional growth and has recently been named one of the Orange County Business Journal's 'Best Places to Work' and Top Firm in NA in Accounting Today. They are proud of their entrepreneurial spirit and the guidance they provide to their clients on a daily basis so their clients can make better decisions in their business.
Specialties: Assurance & Advisory; Tax; Enterprise Risk Management Services; Litigation & Valuation Services; Business Management.
Senior Accountants perform most work assigned with a minimum of assistance. They often lead one or more assistants, instruct them in work to be performed, review the work done, and direct necessary revisions. Seniors are required to make decisions on all but the most unusual accounting and auditing matters.
- Prepares other reports, projects and duties as may be assigned.
- Punctually enters time and expenses daily to support efficient billing processes.
- Begins to develop referral sources, which may include involvement in community, business and professional organizations.
- Increasingly builds knowledge base of the Firm’s industry lines and service offerings
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in use of computers and accounting & tax software programs.
- Well-rounded knowledge of current taxation codes and regulations.
- Ability to organize work and projects, prioritize and meet deadlines, and to complete work in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Ability to reason and effectively multi-task.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Supervises staff accountants and assistants with assignments, instructs them in work to be performed, reviews work done and directs necessary revisions.
- Proactively shares knowledge and takes ownership of developing people.
- Occasional overtime work required throughout the year. Heavy overtime work required from January 1 to April 15, may be in excess of 55 hours per week.
- Occasional same day travel for work at clients’ offices, meetings, and seminars using a personal vehicle.
- Occasional out-of-town travel with overnight stay for work at clients, meetings, or seminars using a personal vehicle.
- Minimal Hazards. General office working conditions.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English.
- Explore various industries area working towards developing an area of specialization or niche practice
- Proactively seeks knowledge, new task and increased responsibilities.
- Willingness to learn and be challenged.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in public accounting, demonstrating a progression in complexity of tax knowledge.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Master’s degree in accounting, Masters in Taxation or related field.
- Minimum of forty (40) hours of continuing professional education is required each year.
- Either hold a current and valid CPA’s license, or be working toward obtaining the license by taking and passing the applicable state CPA exam.
- If licensed, should be a member in good standing with the AICPA.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Supervisory Experience
- Prepares various tax returns for federal and state returns for partnerships, C-corporations, S-corporations, individuals and performs in-depth research.
- Responsible for tax compliance and client management to include direct client contact as directed by management.
- Assist clients with IRS audits, responses to tax notices or other returns needed to achieve outstanding client service.
- Demonstrates competency in technical skills, work quality, and application of professional and Firm standards.
- Meets time constraints and client deadlines.
- Directs and instructs staff and semi-seniors, where applicable, in work to be performed.
- Suggests client tax planning ideas to supervisor, manager, or Partner.
- Proactively takes ownership of projects, seeing them through to ultimate completion & delivery to client.