Registered Nurse ICU – 15K Sign on bonus and relocation!
AdventHealth is currently seeking Registered Nurses for the ICU in the Daytona, Florida Location.
AdventHealth is a faith-based, non-profit health care system headquartered in Altamonte Springs, Florida that operates facilities within nine states across the United States. We currently need multiple ICU Nurses in Florida.
If you are a Registered Nurse and have over 1 year of recent ICU experience and would love to work nights and spend days on the beach in sunny Florida, we want to speak to you!
As a Registered Nurse you will be responsible for the delivery of coordinated nursing care for a patient or an assigned group of patients within a patient care unit and for the day-to-day management and supervision of the related clinical activities. The Nurse is responsible for supervising and responsibly directing the activities of various levels of assigned nursing personnel utilizing both professional and supervisory discretion and independent judgment. Uses the nursing skills of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation in their patient care delivery. Primary function is the delivery of competent, compassionate, and cost-effective nursing care. To utilize the nursing process in the direction and administration of the medical and nursing plan of care. This performance is in compliance with established policies, procedures and protocols under the supervision of the Nurse Manager, Director, Vice President of Clinical Services, and or designee.
· Demonstrates effective assessment skills to ensure quality patient care is provided.
· Performs and documents accurate initial assessment per unit standard which may include: initial observation, obtaining and interpreting information in terms of the patients' needs, safety, discharge planning, psych/social/cultural, family needs, multi-system physical assessment, patient/family level of knowledge and readiness to learn about disease process and care requirements. Reports appropriate information in a timely manner to responsible physician.
· Observes and monitors patient lab work for trends and reports abnormal lab tests to the appropriate physician and obtains appropriate interventions.
· Utilizes clinical data to implement appropriate interventions.
· Performs and documents ongoing patient assessment which accurately reflects patients' physical and mental status ranging from child to geriatric according to unit standards and patient condition.
· Active/Clear Florida RN License or the ability to transfer
· Minimum 1 year of RN experience with current acute care.
· The ability to work an overnight shift for 3 nights from 7:00 PM to 7:30 AM
· Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing with a minimum BSN or Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing with a minimum of an Associates of Science degree, required
· Must maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from the American Heart Association (AHA)
· Must Maintain current Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Certification or have the ability to renew or get the certification before your start date
· Prior Medical/Surgical, Observation, Clinical Decision, Trauma, ED, PCU, Telemetry, Cardiac, Step-down, Intermediate Care, Critical Care experience, preferred
Basic Life Support
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
Intensive Care Unit
Pediatric Advanced Life Support