To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
100 Mundy Memorial Drive
Mt. Juliet, TN 37122
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Powerex-Iwata Air Technology • Mt. Juliet, TN
Posted 2 months ago
The chosen candidate will have the opportunity to join a team working on products for a quickly growing business segment. They will be developing new and/or variations of our Powerex air and vacuum systems designed for OEM applications. Additionally, the candidate will support the sales team through the generation of technical content, technology research and occasionally providing technical support during sales visits.
WHO WE ARE:
Powerex manufactures industry-leading oil-less compressor and vacuum systems and Medical Gas equipment for many critical applications such as medical air, medical vacuum, laboratory air, laboratory vacuum plus a wide variety of industrial applications including our Transportation segment. In addition to manufacturing air compressors, Powerex builds many of the major components, such as UL control panels, desiccant dryers, dew point monitors and internally lined air receivers – in short, comprehensive compressed air systems. Powerex is an exceptionally stable company and has experienced excellent growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Convert customer requirements into product designs
· Ability to work with Manufacturing to implement new product designs into production
· Create documentation of new designs including 3D models, drawings, bills of material and technical information needed for brochures and product manuals
· Ability to provide technical support for Sales visits and customer troubleshooting
· Ability to work with various internal departments (purchasing, marketing, operations, etc.) to fulfill project requirements
· Ability to prioritize work assignments and meet design deadlines
· Capability to utilize hand and simple power tools along with instruments required to set up and perform lab tests
· Ability to communicate effectively with both verbal and written skills
· Ability to understand basic electrical concepts
· Develop and implement simple electrical circuits to power and control motors in compressor units
· Ability to work independently with remote reporting to management in a different location
Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
· BSME or BSMET
· 4 years of relevant development and design experience
· 3D modeling (Solid Edge preferred)
· Product design and/or sustaining of products
· Electromechanical product development
· Experience with bills of materials
· Experience with PDM/PLM systems
· Experience with air compressors and vacuum systems
· An individual adept and comfortable working in a high-paced environment
· Excellent time management skills
· A technical aptitude for engineered systems allowing the person to quickly grasp the product designs and the applications of the products
· The ability to engage directly with customers and cross-functional departments
· Competent skills for designing in 3D
While performing the duties of this job in the Plant or Warehouse, the employee can be exposed to noise. The noise level is usually moderate, but hearing protection may be required in designated areas.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and sit. The employee will use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and to use a computer keyboard with mouse for long periods of time. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move 25 pounds.