Sonic Industries, located in Torrance, CA, is a division of RBC Bearing. RBC Bearings is a well-known international manufacturer and marketer of highly engineered precision aerospace fasteners, shafts and assemblies. Our focus is primarily on highly technical or regulated products for specialized markets that require sophisticated design, testing and manufacturing capabilities. Our unique expertise has enabled us to garner leading positions in many of the product markets in which we compete.
We are currently looking for a Product Manager to join our team!
The Product Manager is accountable for researching markets, for providing input for developing programs to support the marketing objectives, for attending trade shows, and for compiling lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites and other sources. Establishes long range sales forecasts.
- Involved with the overall product strategy, research and development requirements, development, and manufacturing coordination for new and emerging products.
- Reviews blueprints, plans, and other customer documents to develop and prepare cost estimates or projected increases in production from client’s used of proposed equipment or services.
- With other internal technical support such as engineering, manufacturing and operation to draw up or proposes changes in equipment, processes, or use of materials or services which would result in cost reduction or improvement in operations.
- Draws up sales or service contract for products. Estimates the date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of own firm’s production and delivery schedules.
- Develops and maintains a prioritized list of customer and market requirements for product.
- Coordinates and develops marketing, sales, engineering, and financial plans for product line.
- Provides financial and technical justification for product selection and definition.
- Establishes dealer networks and creates and manages alliances with manufacturers.
- Participates in key sales situations for the product.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 5 years of Product Management experience in aerospace manufacturing at a metal chip cutting facility.
SKILLS / CERTIFICATIONS:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conforms to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management and customers.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to
- interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Must have knowledge of Contract Management systems; Database Software; Internet Software; Project Management Software; Spreadsheet Software and Word Processing software
RBC offers benefits such as medical, dental, vision, 401-K, Vacation, Holidays pay, etc.
RBC Bearing is an EEO Employer/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled
Due to ITAR regulations, this position requires that the employee must be a U.S. Person (U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident) or a Foreign Person for whom a license is obtained.
Please apply directly:
Research And Development