DIRECTOR OF FINANCE
The Director of Finance is responsible for maximizing the return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems. This position ensures legal and regulatory compliance for all accounting and financial reporting functions. The Director of Finance also oversees cost and general accounting, accounts receivable/collection and payroll and risk management. Key deliverables will be oversight of the financial assets as well as functions within the discipline such as accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll. This role will direct team members in these functions and be accountable for the accuracy and
allocation of all related finance and accounting practices. Leading the month end processes and production of the respective financial statements will be a priority for this role to ensure compliance as well as to influence the successful attainment of key business objectives.
- Manage accounting department of two staff members (accounts payable and accounts receivable representatives) to assure smooth workflow completed in an accurate, compliant and timely manner.
- Perform month end process and financial statement production. Maintain all official accounting records in conformance with generally accepted government accounting principles.
- Develop accurate analysis of budgets and financial reports to assist the President and other senior executives in performing key financial targets and business deliverables in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring and enforcing internal controls.
- Provide financial mentoring, advice and knowledge to others within the financial discipline.
- Optimize the management of banking, credit and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
- Evaluate, develop and recommend fiscal policy that will result in sound fiscal management practices and Company standards.
- Analyze, interpret and communicate financial operating results to provide information and guidance to departments to educate leaders on sound business practices.
- Act in a lead role in debt and credit management to ensure the most efficient use of the credit terms relative to credit card procedures and operational guidelines.
- Dotted line reporting of payroll operations to ensure the efficient handling of employees' pay, deductions and benefit payments to ensure all compliance and fiduciary obligations are met.
- Oversee the operation of the finance/payroll data processing system; recommend data management and processing alternatives as appropriate.
- Hires, trains, develops and coaches team members effectively. Proactively manages performance and addresses exceptions on a timely basis to optimize team performance.
- Keeps up to date on information and technology affecting functional area(s) to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
- Remain up to date on all local, state and federal statutory requirements.
- Maintain reports and files in order to support all internal and external audits.
- Other duties that may be assigned by President, CEO or COO.
- BBA in accounting or finance and a minimum of 10 years of experience in a progressive leadership capacity.
- Manufacturing ERP System experience, preferred. Knowledge of Kronos or other related systems, a plus.
- MBA or CPA preferred.
- Clear understanding of NEXUS, POC and standard cost accounting practices and pricing methodologies.
- International financial experience required with currency FX knowledge preferred.
- Leadership capability as evidenced by the ability to coach and manage professionals.
- Experience leading annual audits and initiating proactive measures to ensure successful completion of the audit processes.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; exhibited skills in presenting financially complex issues in a manner that is easy to comprehend.
- Ability to understand complex technical topics and specialized information as well as to identify solutions and remedy and exceptional practices limiting the attainment of business goals.
- Must be effective in interacting with all levels of the company and in communicating across geographies around the world.
- Able to perform multiple tasks in an accurate and timely manner and manage competing demands for limited resources in an effective manner.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally on extended-stay trips; estimated travel of approximately 25%.
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: BHJOB7817_15553_Careerbuilder
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Search Services was founded in 2000 by Heather and Tony Gray. Prior to the founding, Heather and Tony had both worked in the audit practice at PricewaterhouseCoopers. Heather became an accounting and finance recruiter for a large national firm in 1995, and Tony had been part of a successful technology startup that went public in the late 90’s. The first division of Search Services, Search Finance, was launched as a marriage of their shared accounting backgrounds, Heather’s recruiting experience, and Tony’s experience with startups.
Professional recruiting and staffing focusing in the areas of accounting & finance, information technology, accounting clerical & office administrative
View the full profile