Our client, a Financial Services organization in the Northwest suburbs is in need of a Senior Accountant. The need is immediate for a contract to hire basis. The Senior Accountant that will report to the Manager of Accounting, Operations. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for general ledger, monthly end close, financial reporting, analyzing financial profitability, and other special project requests. The Senior Accountant will supervise accounting staff members and communicate with field operations personnel. The Senior Accountant responsibilities and requirements are listed below:
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT Responsibilities:
- Prepare financial statements and support monthly schedules in accordance with GAAP
- Collect, analyze, and summarize account information
- Responsible for general ledger of assigned entities
- Complete monthly review of all assigned balance sheet reconciliations
- Ensure reporting accuracy by reviewing financial statements monthly
- Complete financial statement analysis on a monthly basis
- Report any variances to management
- Prepare year-end audit schedules and footnotes
- Help design internal controls and policies and implement through training of team members
- Assist in documenting and monitoring internal controls
- Provide leadership, coaching and mentoring of staff
- Other projects as assigned
- Appropriately plan and delegate work
- List key duties that describe what the person will do in the role
- Coach and evaluate employees based on performance
- Address complaints and resolve problems
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years of experience public accounting preferred
- CPA preferred
- Strong understanding of accounting theory
- Oracle or ERP experience required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced computer skills, including Excel
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager
- Self-starter with the ability to excel in a fast paced and customer service-oriented environment
- Adhere to policies, procedures and instructions of Controller and Accounting Director
- Ability to work collaboratively with all levels of employees and external agencies
If you or anyone you know is interested and qualified, please apply!
Standard Accounting Practices
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Brilliant™ Management Resources provides interim, bridge, and project resources with mid and senior level expertise in the areas of accounting, finance, tax, audit, and financial systems.
View the full profile
Brilliant Management Resources are proven leaders in their fields of accounting, tax, finance, and business analytics. With an average of 15 plus years of experience, these industry experts are innovative change makers and collaborative problem solvers, and have all worked in corporate environments over the course of their careers.
Management consulting firms often adhere to strict methodologies and inflexible delivery teams for solving client problems. But what happens when these methodologies don't fit with the infinite varieties of people, systems, and processes in place within an organization? At best, delayed projects and decreased results. At worst these firms will leave a client with a plan, but will not institute lasting change. And without change, you really are back to square one, aren't you?
Brilliant Management Resources has a different philosophy and delivers a return on your investment by providing you with results driven senior level consultants, experts in their fields. You'll benefit from sustainable and autonomous results, and be supported in driving positive, long lasting change.