Receives very general guidance with respect to overall objectives; work is usually quite independent of others; operates within division or department policy guidelines using independent judgment in achieving assigned objectives.
Qualifications and Requirements: The qualifications and requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education /Experience Skills: High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Three years experience in transportation, customer service experience, analytical experience, strong PC Skills (MS-Excel, MS Word), data entry experience, excellent phone manners, accurate with details and a demonstrated ability to prioritize and handle a variety of tasks in an organized manner.
Language Skills: Relies on written and verbal communication.
- Knowledge of shipping documents and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, accurate with details and a demonstrated ability to handle a variety of tasks in an organized manner.
- Communicates internally with entire corporate office, and externally with customers, vendors and terminals.
Technical Experience: Specific industry or position skills.
- Basic personal computer skills including electronic mail, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Experience in the following preferred: claims, pricing, rating, operations, or accounting.
Office Skills: Proficient typing (ability to type 35-40 words per minute), filing and ten key skills.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units or measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Prioritize tasks.
- Handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Prioritize, organize and delegate assignments.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sedentary physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to sit, reach/handle items, work with the fingers, focus with close vision, and talk and hear others in conversations via the phone or in person. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and lifts objects up to 15 lbs.
- The noise level is moderate based on general conversation tones, ringing phones and laser printer operation.
- Work in well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principal functions of the position and are not intended to be all inclusive. The position and any of the requirements listed above are subject to change at any time according to the changing needs of the company.