Communicates, models and continuously reinforces quality standards, safety requirements, and leadership practices with direct reports
· Demonstrates technical proficiency for interior renovation projects with a focus on drywall installation
· Supervises hourly crew members and plans/schedules manpower and equipment as needed.
· Manages deliveries from suppliers and subcontractors to ensure safety, profit, scheduling compliance and customer satisfaction.
Technical: Delay Free Production/Quality
· Ensures customer satisfaction in all customer and inspector relations/interactions.
· Plans and directs work and maximizes equipment utilization by employing delay free production.
· Communicates productivity metrics, quality standards and daily performance to crew members.
· Ensures work site is prepared for the next crew.
· Conducts Daily Huddle meetings, and weekly tool box talks
· Follows the corporate Safety Program including preplanning to identify conditions and exposures, proper safety and personal protective equipment and accident investigation and reporting.
· Secures all safety equipment and personal protection equipment (PPE) necessary for himself/herself and crew members to maintain a safe work operation.
· Coordinates and collaborates with other Field Managers, Superintendents and the customer to implement successful project plans.
· Provides on the job training to crew members for assigned tasks.
· Communicates performance expectations for productivity, quality and safety to crews and ensures progress towards expectations.
· Maintains performance documentation
· Administers disciplinary action for crew members and subcontractors as appropriate and consults with Superintendent/Trade Superintendent as needed for resolution.
· Encourages and promotes teamwork, motivation, people development, the Collaborative Way and retention.
· Communicates, follows and enforces Human Resources, Equipment/Dispatch, Project Management Foundation Manual policies and other applicable corporate policies and procedures.
· Demonstrates strong Leadership qualities. Is Proactive, Accountable, Discerning, Innovative, Collaborative, Integrity Based, Successful and Balanced. Is an Influence, Continual Learner, Teacher/Coach and Agent of Change.
· Supervises hourly operations personnel including laborers, equipment operators, drivers, etc. May supervise. Also, may direct the activities of subcontractors and other suppliers.
· High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required (continuing education in construction highly desirable)
· Minimum 10 years of construction experience with a minimum of 5 years working on drywall