To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Cloud Security Engineer
RED SKY Consulting • Chicago, IL
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Cloud Security Engineer
Position type- Perm
Location- Rosemont, IL or Chicago IL
Client- Leader in their space. Very large financial / Insurance organization
**Candidate referral program-get 2500. moneiy for referring others to RED SKY Consulting -- details below, at end of job description.*
Bottom line - "in a nutshell"
The Cloud Security Engineer leads the design and development of innovative security Engineering and architectures for protecting data deployed into different types of cloud and cloud/hybrid systems
This position will directly contribute to the overall global enterprise cloud engineering and architecture and contribute to the security vision and strategy around cloud-based applications, across all types (including Infrastructure, Platform, and Software as a Service (IaaS/PaaS/SaaS).
**This role has significant involvement with security architecture and cloud security in general. A great career opportunity to becoming a full-blown cloud security architect. Note: Previous security architecture experience is NOT required. Some exposure to and/or full involvement with cloud security is needed.
- The Cloud Security Engineer will serve as the central point of contact for Information Security for other Technology teams for all matters related to cloud security.
- The successful candidate possesses the excellent interpersonal and communication skills required to partner with other leaders across the business to identify opportunities and risks and develop and deliver solutions that support business strategies and protect intellectual property.
- Promote and champion the importance of information security to business partners to address perceived business risks.
- Understand and communicate that security is not a cost, but a business enabler, helping to achieve business objectives
- Plan and implement new security systems by evaluating cloud, network and security technologies.
- This role defines specific cloud infrastructure (AWS and/or Azure) requirements to comply with internal policies and regulatory requirements. Provides technical consultation and direction for infrastructure tool design, architecture and system performance, and evolving technologies.
- Delivery – Complete architecture assessments across projects, prove use of security solutions to support new distributed computing solutions that span private cloud and public cloud services. Security
- Technology Strategy - Work with engineering, service and business teams to create technology roadmaps.
- Develop and maintain tools and processes for vulnerability scanning, results interpretation and remediation.
- Possess an understanding of the offerings within both Amazon Web Services (AWS) and the Microsoft Azure platforms (nice to have, both are not required).
- Based on business requirements, design and implement cloud-native architectures and designs that will allow those requirements to be met with a minimal degree of risk with appropriate security controls present.
- Represents Security Platform in development and implementation of the overall global enterprise cloud architecture.
- Acts as the ambassador and senior technical representative for Information Security while engaging with other senior technical leaders throughout in design and implementation of cloud and cloud/hybrid based implementations and solutions.
- Works with Information Technology and Application Development organizations to choose appropriate technology solutions and facilitates complete integration into the environments.
- Develops standards in partnership with Information Technology and Application Development.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in Information Security or relevant field.
- Working knowledge of common and industry standard cloud-native/cloud-friendly authentication mechanisms (OAuth, OpenID, etc). (nice to have, all are not required).
- Experience with deployment orchestration, automation, and security configuration management
- Experience or exposure with service-oriented architecture for cloud-based services.
- Experience or exposure to working with cloud security and governance tools, cloud access security brokers (CASBs), and server virtualization technologies.
- Experience with enterprise applications (architecture, development, support, and troubleshooting).
- Experience performing threat modeling and design reviews to assess security implications and requirements for introduction of new technologies.
- Experience representing technical viewpoints to diverse audiences and in making timely and prudent technical risk decisions.
- Experience with enterprise and security architecture and working as part of a cross-functional team to implement solutions.
- Deep cyber security expertise to be credible to organization when making recommendations and driving change.
- Cloud technical environment experience or exposure
- Ability to participate in/contribute to the leadership technical project teams that cross business functions and lead diplomatically while also being a good team player.
- Oral and written communication skills with the ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that's understandable for non-technical audiences and able to “listen and learn”.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction; self-starter/self-motivated
- Bachelor degree or equivalent.
- Holds or willing to attain CISSP, GMON or GCCC within 6 months of hire.
- Minimal travel, Less than 10%.
Preferred Qualifications (nice to have NOT required):
- Cloud Security and Architecture related certifications (Amazon AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional, Amazon AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional)
- Experience with deployment orchestration, automation and security configuration management
- Security industry certifications including but not limited to Certified Information Systems Security Professional-CISSP, Certified Information Security Manager-CISM, etc.
- Architecture of mobile platforms, solutions, integrated with cloud-based services
- Detailed understanding of SSL/TLS protocols and certificate-based solutions
THIS IS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY WITH A FIRST-CLASS COMPANY
RED SKY Career Opportunities at: http://redsky-consulting.com/career-portal/#/jobs
RED SKY Consulting Candidate and Client Referral Program!
Do you know other IT professionals?
Turn those relationships into Moneiy (misspelled intentionally) & help friends get work
RED SKY Consulting is offering a fantastic opportunity for you to earn extra moneiy.
If you refer to us a Manager of people or skilled professionals, we will link your name to that person for 18 months.
If we employ or place that individual or place people into that company thru that manager
then we will pay 2500!
RED SKY Consulting Company Overview:
We are an IT consulting, project management, management consulting and staffing solutions company with thousands of resources across multiple IT skill sets. Our primary US locations are Chicago, Cleveland, Atlanta, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, Denver and we have organizational arms in other domestic cities along with offshore alliances in India and Ireland. RED SKY has a 10+ year history of providing great technology talent. RED SKY has many clients including; 4 “Fortune 20” companies and over 30 “Fortune 500” companies within the manufacturing, financial services, health care, government, consumer services, insurance and several other industry verticals represented.
The RED SKY Foundation is being formed and will be providing fully funded college educations to underprivileged young adults in partnership with our clients starting 2018.