Rapid-growth food products producer (sales-profits have tripled over the past 4 years), is looking for a DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS at their Seattle, Washington-area production plant. This highly-visible role reports
directly to the Plant Director, and will lead a workforce of approx. 300 non-union employees thru 4 salaried department managers. Base salary between $150k/yr. to $170k/yr. plus a bonus opportunity of up to 20%
(bonus has been met in-full over the past 4 years!), employer-paid relocation. The Director of Operations will:
Ensure continuous and efficient operation of the Manufacturing Facility to meet customer requirements in accordance with Safety, Sanitation, Quality, Service, Cost and Morale.
Manage, coach and develop direct reports to achieve day to day KPIs.
1. Ensure the safety and wellbeing of all employees at all times
2. Ensure the Sanitary condition of the Facility at all times
3. All manufactured product meets the Specifications, Regulatory requirements and Quality standards
4. Ensure delivery of 99.5% Service (OTIF)
5. Deliver the budget goals set annually by the Executive and Business teams
6. To lead and demonstrate the highest standards of leadership and set by example the behavior that reflects the company values
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure all areas and personnel adhere to safe working practices at all times
• Ensure the company GMP policies are trained ,adhered to and practiced
• Deliver and report on daily & weekly KPI’s and generation of performance data
• Generate and manage annual Budget for the Operations department
• Ensure all business systems and procedures are in place and used accordingly.
• Manage inventory accuracy through production process (dumps, yields and spoilage)
• Conduct team meetings
• Establish specific Objectives for each member of the Operations team
• Conduct 1-to-1 meetings with all direct reports to track Objectives progress
• Ensure the team Work directly with QA and technical personnel on addressing and resolving deficiencies.
• Develop continuous improvement plans to improve Safety, Sanitation, Quality, Service, Cost & Morale
• Any other tasks deemed reasonable and reasonably requested by management
The ideal candidate will come from a USDA-regulated food and/or beverage producer and be groomed for promotion. Your skillset
should include hands-on experience & application of LEAN principles (5S, C/I and/or TPM). This
company also operates plants in California, New England and the Midwest and made acquisitions of other food producing companies in 2019 and in 2016.
(also looking for a 2nd shift Production Manager $109k-$134k/yr. plus 15% bonus)
Product Quality Assurance