Dedicated to continuous improvement we seek leaders at every level who demonstrate that same commitment and has a passion for quality and professionalism through innovation and strategic leadership.
Summary: The Automation Engineer researches, develops, designs, tests, implements, and supports electrical components, equipment, and systems by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for all aspects of industrial robots (ABB & Fanuc) including specifying, programming, trouble shooting, defining preventative maintenance, and training others.
• Responsible for creating and maintaining PLC-based automation systems for new and existing machines • Integrates PLC data into level 3 (Ignition) and level 4 (Plex)
• Investigates complaints from production and maintenance, determines root cause of issues, and recommends, designs, and implements corrective measures.
• Works with production, maintenance, quality, and safety to deliver optimized solutions.
• Performs detailed calculations in support of projects.
• Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
• Upgrades older relay-based systems to PLC-based systems which includes configuring HMI (Human Machine Interface) devices such as touch screens and display panels.
• Responsible for creating and updating existing Plant Electrical schematics in Auto-Cad and AM Teamwork, and creating one-line power schematics for the entire facility.
• Generates work instructions, preventative maintenance schedules and procedures as required.
• Works with outside vendors and contractors to perform specialized repairs.
• Revises plant electrical drawings, creates Excel spreadsheets to analyze and present data from the shop floor, revises maintenance manuals and lube sheets, and assists other plant engineers with upgrades/maintenance on existing plant hardware and equipment.
• Designs, develops, tests, and/or supervise the manufacturing and installation of electrical equipment, components, and systems as it applies to our equipment, plant operations, and data collection.
• Manages capital projects for new equipment, processes, and equipment upgrades.
• Inspects completed installations / projects and confirm conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's in Electrical Engineering and 5 years related experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient with:
• CAD software (AutoCAD or SolidWorks preferred),
• Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), and Microsoft project.
• Ignition and Robot Studio experience a plus. Other Skills and Abilities:
• Experience programming and troubleshooting industrial robots using both PC based software and teach pendant
• Experience integrating robots with vision systems a plus
• Ability to program and troubleshoot PLC’s
• Experience creating, editing, and troubleshooting HMI’s
• Familiar with various motion controllers (VFDs, servos, drives)
• Project Management skills
• Basic understanding of lean manufacturing principles
• Six Sigma Green Belt a plus
• Demonstrated ability to deliver improvement projects that impact bottom line
• Results oriented
• Intense curiosity
• Tenacity • Toughness
Human Computer Interaction
Human Machine Interface
Programmable Logic Controllers