Director of Human Resources
The Director of Human Resources is responsible for overseeing and directing the Human Resource functions at all locations; Louisiana, New Jersey and California. This position will be a member of the Food Safety and Quality team and have responsibility for assisting with the implementation and on-going program management/oversight for SQF certification. A trained designee appointed by management will cover absences or vacancies.
Essential Job Functions
Perform strategic, managerial level support to the Company as a whole to achieve the objectives identified by executive management, to include;
· Manage HR functions, which include, recruitment and contracting of staff; compensation and benefits administration; employee safety, welfare, wellness and health; employee services and counseling.
· Collaborate with Executive Committee, field HR Generalists, Plant managers, EHS Specialists and Safety Consultant to develop and execute HR and EHS plans that align with and support operational goals of the
· Oversee, manage, and develop Company HR generalists to ensure priorities are set; plans are developed and executed to achieve business objectives.
· Ensure compliance with all government safety regulations, corporate standards, and industry standards through evaluation of the environment, equipment and processes in working areas.
· Oversee the investigation process for accidents to evaluate and conduct near miss, incident, injury, and illness investigations, identify root causes and develop corrective actions to prevent reoccurrences.
· Assist in building team cultural support of corporate policies related to safety, loss prevention, claims reporting and management to control cost and expenditures.
· Identify, recommend and implement change initiatives that lead to an employee-oriented, high performance culture emphasizing empowerment, quality, improved labor productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the ongoing development of a superior workforce.
· Provide feedback, coaching and expert advice to all levels of the organization and HR Generalists when required, concerning all aspects of Human Resources.
· Manage development and succession of talent through effective performance management, execution of development plans and effective succession planning.
· Oversee the preparation and communication of required reports and budgets for EHS and HR
· Drive communication strategies that keep employees informed and provide a two-way communication between employees and management.
· Assist with the management and implementation of food safety plans to achieve and maintain certification and to meet all requirements related to quality and food safety programs.
· Perform other duties as assigned.