Due to growth, Potter Electric Signal is looking for a Business Development Manager to support Emergency Responder Radio Enhancement System sales in the NYC metropolitan area. This is a great opportunity for motivated individuals with the desire to grow our business and grow with us professionally.
We are looking for an ambitious and energetic Business Development Manager to help us expand our clientele. You will be the front of the company and will have the dedication to create and apply an effective sales strategy. The goal is to drive sustainable financial growth through boosting sales and forging lasting relationships with clients.
Each employee at Potter takes great pride in knowing that every product we assemble, service, and sell is for the purpose of saving lives around the world.
To be the "Symbol of Protection" for fire and life safety solutions worldwide.
To provide industry leading quality solutions, products, and services for the protection of life, property, and the environment.
Our People Vision
To provide employment opportunities to those individuals who are performance driven, team players, take pride in their work, and are enthusiastic and passionate about their job.
Our Rich History
Potter has been a part of the St. Louis community since 1898 and we are very proud of our rich history in the fire and life safety industry.
Today & Tomorrow
Potter is carrying on the legacy established since our beginning, by combining the latest technology in fire protection with the dedicated manpower for which we have been known for over one hundred years. With unwavering dedication to our customers, Potter looks to continue as the industry standard in both product and service. Potter looks to continue as the industry standard in both product and service with increased focus on international expansion.
· A “Hunter” type of mentality with the work ethic, commitment, and drive necessary to aggressively prospect and sell technical public safety radio signal boosting equipment and solutions to building owners and contractors.
· Prefer experience in the commercial radio contracting or manufacturing markets.
· Proven B to B sales success using a consultative sales approach to achieve annual sales goals.
· Self-motivated and able to work independently
· Team player with the ability to work and communicate with a variety of different personalities.
· Ability to understand, demonstrate, and present complex RF based communication solutions.
· Active listening skills
· Presentation and demonstration skills for small to large groups of customers and project stakeholders.
· Proficiency in MS Office and CRM software (e.g. Salesforce)
· Must be able to communicate effectively in face to face, telephone, or written communication with customers and coworkers.
· Effective negotiating and closing skills
· Independent time management and organizational skills
· This position requires extensive day travel to customers offices and jobsites.
· Up to 25% overnight travel may be required.
· BS/BA in business administration, sales, or relevant field
Compensation will be a base plus commission DOE
· Develop, manage, and grow a geographic territory with aggressive annual growth goals.
· Prospect for new account opportunities to meet weekly, monthly, and annual goals.
· Manage multiple sales channels to maximize growth and customer retention.
· Network in industry associations and events.
· Arrange business meetings with multiple prospective clients daily.
· Promote the company’s products/services by addressing or predicting clients’ objectives.
· Prepare sales documentation and reports ensuring adherence to company guidelines.
· Conduct persuasive sales presentations and demonstrations using a combination of software and hardware tools.
· Keep records of sales activity, customer needs and requests, and facilitate appropriate follow-up.
· Provide trustworthy feedback and after-sales support
· Build long-term relationships with new and existing customers