General Summary: The Visitor Services Agent - Custodial is responsible maintaining sanitary conditions within the zoo grounds. This position is also required to respond to guest inquiries in a way that promotes a positive Zoo experience, and demonstrates unparalleled customer service.
- Interact in a consistently pleasant and helpful manner to fellow employees, guests, vendors, and other visitors of the Zoo and demonstrate the highest standards of internal and external customer service;
- Conduct cleaning in assigned areas to include vacuuming, emptying trash and cleaning bathrooms;
- Maintain sanitary conditions of the non-public and public restrooms within the zoo grounds;
- Provide guests with information on all aspects of the Zoo experience such as exhibits, on-ground activities (including times and locations), routes through the Zoo, shuttle, and membership information;
- Provide guest control, including challenging situations;
- Use a campus wide radio system to communicate information;
- Ensure guest safety at all times;
· Perform other duties as assigned; and,
- Adhere to all policies and procedures of the Zoo.
Communication (Internal and External):
- Responsible for keeping Director, Managers, and Supervisors fully updated on any issues that may occur during daily operations;
- Respond appropriately to guests’ questions, comments, or concerns;
- Communicate with fellow Visitor Services Agents by radio contact as needed following Zoo radio etiquette and protocol at all times; and,
- Contact an appropriate staff member necessary to resolve guest issues.
Management of Resources (financial, human resources, facilities):
- Assist in maintaining accurate documentation in compliance with safety standards to include daily checklists, and maintenance logs.
- Friendly and outgoing;
- Possess a positive and patient attitude;
- Possess excellent verbal communication skills; and,
Adaptability- Willingness to work until the last guest has left Zoo grounds each scheduled day.
- Minimum of six months related experience and/or training;
- Prior custodial experience preferred
- Must be able to stand and remain active for an eight hour shift;
- Must be able to walk large areas of the Zoo as needed;
- Must be able to work in an outdoor weather environment in all seasons and weather, including heat/humidity, cold temperatures, and/or wet conditions;
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include weekends, holidays, and special events; and,
- Must be able to exert up to 50 pounds of force to lift, push, pull, carry, or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to operate a variety of equipment including, two-way radio, telephone, cleaning tools, etc.
- Ability to work with individuals from a wide variety of ethnic, cultural and economic backgrounds; and,
- Ability to identify and resolve guest issues.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified. Therefore, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.