To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Dallas, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Investor Accounting and Reporting Analyst
SolomonEdwards • Dallas, TX
Posted 1 month ago
This individual is primarily responsible for reviewing and investigating financial information to determine inaccuracies and/or trace discrepancies to the source. This function operates as part of a broader recovery project within the mortgage servicing group.
Specific responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform forensic research on or analysis of financial data related to previously charged off loans.
- Reconciles mortgage servicing system and general ledger to claim payments from GSEs or private lenders.
- Develops/maintains trend analysis and other adhoc reports/projects.
- Validates data reporting sources by working other departments to resolve discrepancies.
- Exhibits willingness to go above and beyond the minimum requirements when working with internal customers ensuring a positive customer experience.
- Performing other duties as assigned or requested.
- Undergraduate degree required; concentration in accounting or similar field of education preferred.
- Minimum of four years of accounting/finance experience within mortgage operations is required. This may include general accounting, cash management and investor or financial reporting. This experience may be in either mortgage originations or servicing.
- Knowledge of investor reporting and other types of corporate reporting preferred
- General knowledge of the mortgage default process; knowledge of or experience in loss analysis preferred.
- Operational proficiency in Microsoft Office software programs.
Skills / Ability
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent investigative, auditing, analysis and accounting skills utilized to review loan level financial data
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to communicate findings succinctly and accurately
- Able to meet aggressive deadlines
- Able to adapt to change and work in a fast paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly proficient in Excel/Access
- Strives for work excellence
- Takes accountability for performance (dependable and reliable)
- Develops and values strong working relationships
- Possesses a strong sense of urgency; highly motivated