• Review terms and conditions, negotiate long term agreements, and manage proposals for recurring product opportunities.
• Perform contract administration tasks for assigned contracts and customers under minimal supervision of the manager.
• Receives and initiates review of business bid requires and directs action required from engineering support departments.
• Maintain effective communications with customers and sales/marketing staff relative to contract issues, purchase order/sales order status, and general marketing trends applicable to account assignments.
• Ensure accurate purchase orders/sales orders are reflected in the company business operating system.
• Work with Program Management to transition development programs to full-scale production programs.
• Update and report customer delivery rating status monthly or as required. If required, initiate recovery plans for delinquent customer orders and/or perform root cause and implementation of corrective action plans.
• Act as customer primary point of contact, coordinating responses to inquiries with applicable company departments.
• Prepare government/commercial proposals in response to customer requests. Verify orders/contracts for conformance to quotes/proposals.
• Support strategy discussions regarding price, delivery and terms and conditions. Support customer fact finding reviews.
• Assist with negotiations of contracts and long-term agreements, price and delivery changes.
• Maintain accurate sales forecast for assigned customers.
• Implement strategies regarding price versus margin for assigned accounts. Adjust pricing/quotes as necessary. Maintain accurate sales forecast for assigned customers.
• Support new business development programs teams as required; monitor contractual performance and requirements.
• Knowledge of profit policy and negotiation strategy/tactics
• Analyze problems related to contracts, procurement, production and delivery, and provide solutions Requires discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance
• Ability to handle multiple priorities and tasks
• Attention to detail Responsiveness and professional presence
• Ability to make decisions with limited direction, and to follow through on those decisions
• Ability to lead cross functional teams on high-level projects Familiarity with manufacturing environment / processes
• Intermediate use of Microsoft Office Suite
• Bachelor degree from an accredited institution
• 5 years’ experience with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)/ Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations Support (DFARs) terms and conditions
• 2 years’ negotiation experience with terms and conditions and pricing
• Bachelor degree in Business or Economics from an accredited institution
• Work experience in Aerospace and/or Defense Industry
• MRP system experience
New Business Development