To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
3753 Howard Hughes Parkway
Las Vegas, NV 89119
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Cost Manager
Rider Levett Bucknall • Las Vegas, NV
Posted 25 days ago
Title: Senior Cost Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Category: Construction – Cost Management
Reporting to: Office DirectorCompany Overview
We are looking for dynamic individuals to join our team! With 24 offices in North America and the Caribbean in addition to over a hundred global offices and over 3,500 staff worldwide, RLB has a truly global reach while still offering a local presence to its clients almost without exception. We are committed to our core services and pride ourselves on our dedication to customer care and leading edge service provision.
RLB is an award-winning international firm, known for providing property and construction consultancy advice at all stages of the construction cycle. Utilizing its many years of experience and professionally trained employees, RLB continues to firmly establish itself as one of the major players in the construction industry throughout the Americas, Africa, Asia, Europe, Middle East and Oceania. Our employees are involved in a variety of projects across a range of sectors, from sports arenas and healthcare to higher education and convention centers.
As a privately held company, we hire the best people, give them exceptional training, and provide extensive opportunities for professional growth while working on exciting projects while providing an excellent compensation and benefits package.Overview of Role We are currently recruiting a Senior Cost Manager to join a client-focused team. This is an exciting opportunity for a high-caliber individual to join and strengthen our office. The Senior Cost Manager is responsible for oversight of cost estimation and adhering to the company’s quality standards and the client’s satisfaction. Employees in this position will interface with clients, consultants and designers to achieve the project’s goals and ensure that all project activities are consistent with Company policy. Essential Functions
- Review construction plans and specifications during preconstruction to complete quantity take-offs and prepare estimates for all architectural, structural and civil scopes from schematic through final design for new construction and renovation projects
- Prepare value engineering, cost option and cost strategy estimates
- Prepare independent post contract estimates, including reporting differences in scope, quantities and pricing from contractor’s estimate
- Work as integral part of our Estimating Team to perform plan and specification analysis, takeoff and pricing of various types of construction projects
- Acts as lead individual for specific projects
- Review estimates prepared by Estimating Team, prior to supervisor final review
- Compiles and analyzes data on all factors that influence costs, such as material, labor, equipment, and profit margins
- Evaluates cost estimating deliverables prepared by architects and engineers, for cost containment
- Acquires and evaluates historical and vendor cost data for the development of cost estimates and price recommendations
- Accurately forecasts costs of future projects and changes to existing projects
- Prepares technical evaluations, cost estimating draft reports, memos, and letters and presents recommendations to management and client
- Attend client meetings
- Participate in design charrettes and design workshops, including presenting estimates to the client and AE team
- Participate in Value Engineering studies, reconciliations and negotiations with contractors
- Prepare valuations of work in progress reports from contractor draw requests
- Undertake other cost-related tasks as directed by supervisor, including review of estimates prepared by others
- Assist with training and mentoring others
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a positive proactive approach to the role, and will be committed to delivering customer service excellence, with good commercial results.· Minimum Education (or substitute experience) required: 4-year college degree in Construction Management, Structural Engineering, Architectural Engineering, Cost Estimating or equivalent recognized technical qualification. · Minimum Experience required: 5-10 years’ relevant experience in construction cost estimating of a variety of building types from program, conceptual, schematic, design development and construction document stages of design in elemental and CSI format for all architectural, structural, and civil components of new construction and renovation projects. Some MEP estimating experience preferred. AACE International and/or Certified Cost Professional preferred. · Knowledge and understanding of execution of cost management services; good planning, organization and communication skills essential. Understanding of technical and non-technical documents related to cost management services required. Knowledge and use of industry-estimating software and Microsoft Office software programs. Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Indoor office environment. May require work on site location when necessary
Equipment used includes: computers and standard office machines
Essential physical tasks include: the ability to work on a computer and the ability to answer and speak on a telephone. May require the use of a ladder on occasion
RLB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.