To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Stickney, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Premier Healthcare Management • Stickney, IL
Posted 16 hours ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Purpose of Your Job Position
The primary purpose of your job position is to assist the Dietitian in planning, organizing, developing and directing the overall operation of the Food Services Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations governing our facility, and as may be directed by the Administrator, to assure that quality nutritional services are provided on a daily basis and that the Food Services Department is maintained in a clean, safe, and sanitary manner.
Delegation of Authority
As Director of Food Services, you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential function of the position.
- Staff Development
- Personnel Functions
- Safety and Sanitation
- Equipment and Supply
- Care Plan and Assessment
- Budget and Planning
- Other Miscellaneous Items
- Works in office areas as well as throughout the facility’s food services service areas (i.e., dining rooms, resident rooms, kitchen, activity rooms, etc.)
- Moves intermittently during working hours.
- Is involved with residents, personnel, visitors, government agencies/personnel, etc., under all conditions and circumstances.
- Communicates with the medical staff, nursing staff, and other department supervisors.
- Works beyond normal duty hours, on weekends, and in other positions temporarily, when necessary.
- Is subject to call back during emergency conditions (e.g., severe weather, evacuation, post-disaster, etc.).
- Attends and participates in continuing educational programs.
- Maintains a liaison with other department directors to adequately plan for food services/activities.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma.
- Be a graduate of an accredited course in dietetic training approved by the American Dietetic Association.
- Must have, as a minimum three (3) years experience in a supervisory capacity in a hospital, nursing care facility, or other related medical facility.
- Must have training in cost control, food management, diet therapy, etc.
- Must be certified as a Food Service Director in this state.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must be knowledgeable of food services practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations and guidelines governing food services functions in nursing care facilities.
- Must possess leadership ability and willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise other personnel.
- Must have the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, procedures, etc., of the Food Services Department.
- Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, etc., and maintain the appearance of food services service areas; must perform regular inspections of food services service areas for sanitation, order, safety and proper performance of assigned duties.
- Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as be willing to handle residents based on whatever maturity level they are currently functioning.