Material Finisher: Cleaning-Dipping/Polishing – Madison Area
Great Temp-to-Hire Opportunity!
First Shift – 7:00 AM Start Time
POSITION SUMMARY: The successful candidate will tend equipment that cleans grease, scale, dirt, and other foreign matter from metal parts to prepare for assembly, welding or brazing, using water and chemicals. You will receive training and be required to wear steel tip shoes. Other personal protective equipment; safety glasses, face shield, gloves and apron are supplied by the company
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support all brazing and welding operations which require cleaning of materials before process
- Remove excess solder and burn marks
- Place objects on racks, in containers or on hooks, then immerse parts in chemical and rinsing solutions
- Clean product with brushes
- Dry parts with air tools
- Inspect cleaned objects to ensure compliance to standards
- Take chemical reading and log results
- Add chemicals to obtain correct PH levels
- Polish metal to obtain a finish as defined on specifications
- Keep work area clean and organized; perform weekly cleaning process
- Order material for cleaning process and metal finishing; chemicals, supplies, belts, buffing compound.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six months related experience and/or training
- Must be able to wear protective clothing
- Regularly stand walk and reach with hands and arms
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with assistance or crane
- Vision abilities required: close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Brazing (Metal Work)
Personal Protective Equipment