At Affinity Health Group, we specialize in taking care of people: our members, our patients, and our employees. We offer competitive salaries and great benefits! Benefits include: Health, Dental, Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Long Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and 401(k).
Affinity is currently looking for a Clinic MA/LPN to work the following shifts Monday through Friday:
2pm - 11pm
Job Summary: The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Medical Assistant (MA) Float will provide clinical and administrative support in a medical office under direction of Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and/or an Office Manager. The LPN is accountable for the delivery of patient care utilizing the nursing process within the standards, policies, procedures, and guidelines of the organization.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities in Clinic:
- Assists Physician with patient assessment, examination, and treatments.
- Documents patient care, observation, and activities according to professional standards and procedures.
- Thoroughly educates and explains procedures to patients and family members and assists them in coping with illnesses.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding patient and business functions of the organization.
- Provides clinical triage.
- Provides clinical telephone triage/communication as defined by protocol or Physician instructions.
- Performs basic medical procedures under the supervision of a Physician. (e.g. lab draws, dressing changes, immunizations, medical injections/administration)
- Administers medications according to the organization’s standards, polices, procedures, and/or guidelines.
- Sets up and assists Physician with various procedures.
- Maintains a clean, well-stocked patient care area and nursing area, observing asepsis techniques and all other federal mandates. (i.e. OSHA, etc.)
- Keeps all inventory records.
- Obtains specimens (i.e. throat, urine, stool, wound, sputum, and other body fluids), using proper technique, and following policy and procedure for labeling.
- Assists in emergency situations under the direction of the Physician.
- Routes billing information as appropriate.
- Attends required in-service training (e.g. CPR, Safety, and Infection Control), staff meetings.
- Aids in identifying methods of improved patient care.
- Maintains current knowledge and skills in clinical practice including the required continuing education units, promoting professional growth.
- Compiles, processes, and maintains medical records of hospital and clinic patients in a manner consistent with medical, administrative, ethical, legal, and regulatory requirements.
- Processes, maintains, compiles, and reports patient information for health requirements and standards.
- Responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of all patient health information data.
- Keeps detailed patient records such as prescriptions, treatment plans, test results, diagnoses, medical history, and description of symptoms.
- Responsible for patient's records from the beginning of treatment; provides patient with all of the proper forms and ensures that they are completed properly and signed.
- Translates the narrative descriptions of diseases, injuries and medical procedures into numeric or alphanumeric codes.
- Uses Diagnosis Related Groups to group patients by diagnosis. Assigns a code to each different diagnosis and medical procedure
- Ensures that all patient medical information is entered into the computer database and checks regularly with physicians and other healthcare providers to make sure the information recorded is correct and or complete.
- Possesses an understanding of the payment procedures of health insurance firms, HMOs and government programs such as Medicare/Medicaid.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Graduate of an accredited school of Practical Nursing with current license to practice as an LPN in the State of Louisiana
- 3+ years’ experience in the medical field preferred
- Ability to work with limited supervision and to make decisions based on established policies and procedures
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Customer service oriented attitude/behavior
- Demonstrates skills and abilities in clinical and administrative areas including phlebotomy, office lab testing, patient care skills and EKG
- Must have transportation to float to various clinics
- Works under occasional supervision of RN Supervisors and general supervision of the Physician and if applicable, Nurse Practitioner
Overtime will be occasionally required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.