Role and Responsibilities
The Quality Control Technician is responsible for supporting the Company’s quality initiatives by performing visual and dimensional inspections and documentation reviews to ensure compliance with quality and performance standards. To assist and back-up the Quality Engineers as needed. This position reports to the Quality Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Follows established procedures and guidelines to check, test and inspect raw materials, goods in process, and finished goods.
· Compares the physical characteristics of components, materials and products to technical specifications to identify defects
· Conducts and develop tests, records results, and prepares technical reports to ensure conformity to specifications.
· Has daily interaction with Production personnel, Engineering, Materials and Manufacturing management.
· Inspects product at beginning of and throughout production run to ensure proper tolerances.
· Ensures that all responsibilities and functions are performed are in accordance with company policy and procedures and meet required quality standards.
· Utilizes Statistical Process Control (SPC) methodologies for measuring and controlling quality during the manufacturing process.
· Demonstrates the ability to effectively use all necessary measuring tools in order to validate conformance.
· Reviews and dispositions suspect/non-conforming material and communicates with team about defects.
· Has the ability to solve workplace problems.
· Conducts and assists with employee training.
· Participates on quality improvement teams.
· Reads and understands blue prints to recognize specifications on print/drawing.
· Uses basic math and problem-solving abilities.
· Follows instructions and is self-sufficient in routine assigned tasks.
· Has the ability to communicate effectively any Quality issues to the appropriate person.
· Advises supervisor of conduct that may violate rules, policies, and procedures.