To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Embedded Systems Engineer C++
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Terumo BCT is seeking Embedded Senior Software Engineers (C++) to join their team in Lakewood, CO.
Under general direction, participates as high-level technical expert in design development, coding, testing, and debugging new software or significant enhancements to existing software for third party customers, project leads, and management. Works with technical staff to understand problems with software and develops specifications to resolve them. Develops and/or provides technical leadership in the development of software involving application of new technologies with significant technical risk.
· Act as high-level technical expert, addressing problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
· Lead a large development team in the design of highly complex software systems for third party customers, and is responsible for project completion as required.
· Designs, develops, operates and maintains software and firmware components and computing systems software to apply to, and integrate with engineering, scientific and manufacturing requirements.
· Independently design and develop new software products or major enhancements to existing software for third party customers.
· Provides functional and empirical analysis related to the design, development, and implementation of software operating systems, including, but not limited to, utility software, development software, and diagnostic software.
· Perform feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management.
· Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software.
· Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems.
· Exercise considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment. Advances new techniques or advances the state-of-the-art.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or, equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be considered.
Minimum 8 years experience
Must have experience with mission critical applications, preferably medical products or devices.
Knowledge of regulatory requirements preferred.
Must have knowledge of the appropriate standards, processes, procedures and tools throughout the system development life cycle to support the generation of such engineering applications and products.
Skilled in developing technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
Ability to use object-oriented systems composed of objects that communicate with one another using explicitly designed interfaces, an (OO) methodologies which may include OMT and UML.
Possess a detailed knowledge of one technology or basic knowledge of several technologies.
Possess proficiency in object engineering and applications development using object oriented (OO) tools such as C++, Visual C++, C#, etc.
Conducts research in design, development, testing and utilization of electronic data processing hardware and software and/or electrical components, circuitry, processes, packaging and cabinetry for CPU's and peripheral equipment.
We are the world leader in blood component technology, delivering products, services and solutions for customers and their patients worldwide. Through collaboration with our customers and a commitment to innovation, we are the only company with the unique combination of apheresis, manual and automated whole blood processing and pathogen Embedded Senior Software Engineer (C++) Lakewood, CO reduction technologies coupled with robust technology, innovation and core competencies in therapeutic apheresis, cell collections and cell processing.
Our company has almost $1B in annual revenues and has been voted and recognized as:
· Largest corporate sponsor in Rocky Mountain Region for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS)
· Winner of the Association for Talent Development (ATD) BEST Award for providing exceptional employee learning and talent development. (2011 & 2012)
· One of Colorado’s Healthiest Employers by Denver Business Journal (2014 & 2015)
· Recipient of the Way to Go Employer award through the Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) 2015
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.