AmTote International, Inc., located in Hunt Valley, MD is a worldwide gaming company (Gambling, Gaming Industry/Race tracks – Computer Software, Entertainment), and a leader in on-line wagering systems. We are looking for a highly motivated Software Development Engineer in Test, Live. If you have the ability to pay attention to detail and are driven to ensure an excellent work quality, we want to hear from you. At AmTote, you will work with smart, passionate people every day, and our commitment to continued training and development gives you the best opportunity for success. Throughout the Company we have satisfied employees, offer a positive work environment, encourage training & development and we have a strong team spirit giving employees a sense of unity.
Company: AmTote International, Inc.
Location: 11200 Pepper Road, Hunt Valley, Maryland 21031
Industry: Gaming Industry/Race Tracks - Computer Software, Entertainment
Position: Full-Time Permanent
Experience: 2-5 years
Shift: Monday-Friday 1st shift
Benefits: Full benefit package upon 90 Day Waiting Period
Salary: Compensation based on experience and qualifications
Travel: 10% Travel
AmTote International is seeking a Software Development Engineer in Test, Live (SDET) to implement/manage (or build) a test automation framework for a C#-based software project. The incumbent will analyze application requirements, implement or develop a test automation strategy, and build automated acceptance tests as part of an AGILE SAFe software engineering team. The SDET will spend most of their time “building tests”, not “testing builds manually” although some manual testing may be required due to the setup of proprietary components of the supported systems; this is predominately an engineering position, not a manual testing position (think 80% automation development/20% manual testing).
Beyond development the SDET will serve as the quality advocate for the team, vetting requirements during design, breaking other engineers’ designs and code via tests, and defining quality-related metrics by which to measure the code/feature base. SDET's also assist with stylistic and design decisions, and collaborate with application engineers, product managers, stakeholders, designers, etc. as part of a communal & cross-functional development team. The SDET reports to the Director of Quality Assurance.
If you have an attention to detail and are driven to ensure an excellent gaming experience, we want to hear from you. Throughout AmTote we have satisfied employees, offer a positive work environment, encourage training & development and we have a strong team spirit giving employees a sense of unity.
PRINCIPAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
· Serve as the quality expert and enforce quality assurance/control processes and procedures as an embedded test engineer on a cross-functional product team.
· Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans for Web Services, Service Gateways, Reverse Proxy Systems, etc (predominately for C# RESTful API’s).
· Vet designs for interoperability and compliance pre-development; systems supported integrate with multiple, proprietary protocols and have strict error rate and quality of service requirements.
· Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities, including assisting the team with development estimates and release cadence.
· Design, develop and execute automated test suites (acceptance, performance, regression, load, compliance, security, and other suites) for web endpoints.
· Identify, record, document and track bugs from inception through fix release.
· Liaise with internal teams (e.g. designers, product managers, other product engineering teams) to identify new system requirements in addition to vetting user stories during design/prototyping.
· Debug production issues, and reproduce said issues in staging/pre-prod environments.
· Track quality assurance metrics (like feature test coverage, open defect counts, production error rates, etc.).
· Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
PREREQUISITE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· The ability to write code! All candidates will go through a simple application coding exercise and code review session with the team.
· Experience developing and debugging RESTful API’s, web gateways, and web services.
· Experience developing or implementing headless automated testing frameworks for API’s/web projects.
· Knowledge of the TCP/IP stack and networking protocols in general.
· Knowledge of IP addressing, ports, packet transfer and packet payload inspection techniques.
· Scripting experience; staging images of the application under test at a desktop or VM level is paramount.
· An unrelenting attention to detail and best in class communication skills.
· A “test to break” mentality; usability, security, stability and compatibility are guiding principles for the front end team.
· Proven work experience in software quality assurance, specifically automated test development for end-end system tests.
· Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
· Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
· Experience with white/clear/black box testing.
· Experience working in an AGILE development process.
· Possess a positive, collaborative, and forward-thinking attitude; improve the status quo via quality standards!
· Experience with C based applications and/or proprietary protocols.
· Experience developing and debugging C# applications.
· Experience testing web application front ends/websites through backend services in an end-end fashion.
· Experience with automation paradigms for web applications (JEST, Selenium, Cucumber, Typescript, WATIR, or similar).
· Experience with Microsoft products for source control and test management a plus (Azure Devops/TFS, or similar).
· Experience with Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS, and/or Google Cloud a plus.
· Experience security auditing or penetration testing C based systems.
· Game industry experience a large plus.
CAREER LEVEL REQUIRED
Agile Software Development