EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Have an associate’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or 3-5 years of related experience.
2. Experience with high volume manufacturing (automotive preferred) and arc welding assemblies.
3. Demonstrated success in implementation of improvement activities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Experience using relevant software including AutoDesk products.
2. Highly motivated individual showing drive and enthusiasm in a team environment.
3. The capacity to work under their own initiative with minimal supervision.
4. To understand and be able to apply modern manufacturing techniques and robust engineering solutions within a high volume manufacturing environment.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION
1. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
2. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle, manipulate, or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, talk and hear
3. Employee must occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds
4. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time
5. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
6. The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
7. The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so other will understand
8. The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted