Role: Implementation Engineer –
Locations: Irving, TX / Richardson, TX, Alpharetta, GA, Temple Terrace, FL, Bloomington, CA, Indianapolis, IN, Tulsa-OK and many more
Duration: 6 months to long term
Telecommunications Engineer III
· Review fiber and copper cable utilization, growth trends, and forecasts to support Layer 1 and determine when a relief job is required.
· Review Power/fuse/breaker utilization, growth trends, and forecasts to support Layer 1 and determine when a relief job is required.
· Review network element chassis and port utilization, growth trends, and forecasts to support Layer 1 and determine when a relief job is required
· Review utilization of links (trunks and/or NNIs) between network elements, growth trends, and forecast data to determine when a relief job is required.
· Rearrange, augment or remove/reuse capacity and/or network elements
· Perform Detailed Location Specific Equipment Engineering. This includes developing all of the specifications required for installation forces to properly install, turn-up, inventory, and configure the equipment, obtaining appropriate management approvals, issuing purchase orders, and ensuring vendor delivery
· Detail Engineering, Equipment/Hardware/Cable Ordering and delivery, and Installation. Set and track appropriate dates and facilitate communication/coordination between teams and across sites to insure successful, on-time completion.
· Ensure that work meets all applicable engineering, financial, planning, and operational/ NA standards
· Develop Bill of Material and place orders for network equipment, rack, and hardware requirements. Define cable requirements, create cable running lists, and order all cables.
· Manage, input, and update IFP, Nautilus, FUZE to reflect new builds, adds, and decommissions.
· Ensure the network elements (technical facility, location, bay/shelf, alarm points, etc.) are documented with necessary identifiers. Labels
· Perform site surveys to assist in completing detailed engineering o Engineer floor space, rack space and hardware for all equipment in locations. Engineer placement and cable measurements
· Provide power/fuse/breaker assignments o Engineer / Partner on Cabinet / equipment cooling and air flow.
· Coordinate/prioritize major site activities to meet installation timelines, optimize maintenance window equipment installation activity, and maintain proper site operations
· Installation Management responsibility for all projects Manage EFI vendors while on-site / Coordinate activities.
· Ensure timely and cost-effective completion of work to meet customer demands and budget constraints.
· Develop schedules, define resource requirements, resolve roadblocks, and provide status updates for major program changes that are made to network infrastructure.
· Perform the physical construction activities associated with installation/modification; facility infrastructure (rack/shelf space, power circuits, timing sources, etc.); and electronic equipment/cards using internal and/or external resources. Manage / Engineer Initial Device management connectivity.
· Ensure the installed network elements (including fiber management, power/grounding standards, shelf/chassis installation, cards, etc.) meet defined Client’s Engineering guidelines.
· Perform end of job closeout and quality review.
· Update Required systems as needed.
· Partner with other teams to ensure a successful job
Must have skills:
• Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
• Four or more years of relevant work experience.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Willingness to travel.
• Two or more years of experience Networking Architecture.
• Experience with AC and DC Power Plant, power distribution. • Experience in equipment space planning and heat load.
• Project Management training and experience in Project Management. • Understanding of T1/T3 / OC-3 interconnects.
• Understanding of Fiber and Fiber distribution systems.
• Ability to be a self-starter and capability of working independently.
• Demonstrated technical and analytical skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to work with others effectively and achieve goals.
• Strong written and oral communication skills. Demonstrated capability to communicate clearly and effectively via written technical proposals and oral communications.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and make sound technical judgments in a demanding environment.
Bachelor’s degree REQUIRED SHIFT: Position is standard 40 hours per week with possible night work when required to support projects