A general contractor providing of mechanical, rigging and electrical construction services to the industrial market, including planning, consulting and installation is seeking an Junior Construction Manager . The Company's activities extend to power projects and infrastructure, plants and industrial machinery, finance, logistics and information industry, and real estate development and construction. Additionally, they conduct business investment, development, and management on a global level.
The company’s construction experience includes a broad range of industrial projects, including automotive manufacturing, textile, plant relocation, equipment installation, direct & indirect process utility installation, ground up manufacturing plant construction. The Junior Construction Manager assists the Project Manager by managing designated field activities associated with the project and supervision of designated field construction work by subcontractors and employees. The Junior Construction Manager assists the project team to ensure the project is built on time, within budget, and in accordance with policies, procedures, and the focus of the vision and purpose through Service, Talent and Choices.
Project Financial Responsibilities
· Reviews and updates progress and cost reports, schedules, and requirements for completion on a regular basis to support and assists Project Manager.
· Participates in preconstruction planning, when possible, regarding the project schedule and budget.
· Reviews project estimates and cost control system at the beginning of the project.
Project Start-up and Scheduling
· Understands project specifications, the contract, and the contract’s general conditions; confirms that all materials and subcontract work comply with contract documents and quality specifications.
· Ensures all materials are properly tested according to specifications and ensure all test results are properly recorded.
Project Administration, Operations, and Close-Out
· Directs and coordinates subcontractor and Marubeni Plant Contractor, Inc. field personnel in designated areas of expertise.
· Assists Project Manager in communicating with subcontractors and employees a consistent level of expectations and direction regarding schedules, construction methods, company policies and procedures, permits, safety, quality control and other performance standards
· Collaborates with Project Manager to ensure project site and company assets are secure and always maintains a safe and respectful working environment by implementing safety, EEO, risk management, training, and quality control programs.
· Attends weekly project progress meetings with all subcontractor representatives and understands the upcoming week’s work to be accomplished.
· Assists Project Manager in ensuring the project closeout process is finalized to settle all financial obligations, demobilize all resources, and transit the project to the customer.
Promote Customer Relations
· Builds effective relationships with customers, engineers, subcontractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support company core values and meet or exceed the customer’s expectations.
Culture, Leadership, and Employee Development
· Promotes the Creed. Communicates vision and purpose through Service, Talent, and Choices.
· Participates in personal career development by attending operation training programs and takes direct accountability for training and developing direct reports.
· Supports community, client and subcontractor relations and events to enhance the company’s image
· Associates Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Business, or a related field preferred, or a combination of education and experience.
- Construction Management
- Customer Support