The Billy Graham Evangelistic Association is a nonprofit organization that directs a range of domestic and international ministries. From its headquarters in Charlotte, N.C., the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association directs a wide range of domestic and international ministries, including: large-scale festivals led by evangelists Franklin Graham and Will Graham; The Billy Graham Library; The Billy Graham Training Center at The Cove, located outside of Asheville, N.C.; SearchforJesus.net, an Internet evangelism project reaching thousands of people for Christ online; and many others through print, television, telephone, radio and the Internet.
The Church Ministry department supports the mission of BGEA to proclaim the Gospel to all we can by every effective means available to us by encouraging and equipping churches and others to do the same. Church Ministry coordinators and volunteers across the US seek build relationships with pastors, support their ministry in prayer and offer BGEA resources, such as evangelism training, as aids in ministry. The Church Ministry department is also central to the Decision America Tours by working to involve churches and individuals in the Tour as a way to engage their communities and help spread the Gospel.
As an integral part of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, the Data Associates in the Church Ministry department are responsible for inputting a high volume of data from multiple sources into a database, ensuring that all necessary data is being accurately entered and maintained. The ideal candidate will be computer savvy and detailed oriented with the ability to interpret and key large amounts of data while maintaining high levels of accuracy. Aside from the primary duty of data entry, the Church Ministry Data Associate will also perform other general office tasks as needed. This is an associate position, located at the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association Headquarter Offices in Charlotte, North Carolina, with a requirement of 19 hours a week up to 999 hours a year. It does not include benefits.
- Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Faithfully upholds BGEA in prayer.
- Participates in daily BGEA staff devotions as schedule permits.
- Demonstrates behavior aligned with BGEA’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Hallmarks, policies, and expectations.
- Sets positive example of service and integrity at all times.
- Effectively represents Jesus Christ to those within both personal and professional spheres of influence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review incoming activity reports from Church Ministry employees, contractors, and volunteers and key the proper notes and codes into the Studio Enterprise database.
- Assists with data entry so church and individual contacts can be communicated to and reported on.
- Perform non-routine administrative, analytical, and data entry related tasks.
- Interact with Church Ministry employees, contractors, and volunteers to troubleshoot issues on activity reports in order to execute accurate data entry activities into the Studio Enterprise database.
Marginal Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with Church Ministry related research and other projects as needed.
- Reports to Operations Manager, Church Ministry.
- Relates to Church Ministry staff, contractors, volunteers and other Church Ministry staff.
Skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrated spiritual maturity and wholehearted commitment to BGEA’s Statement of Faith, procedures, and practices.
- Sound knowledge of general office procedures.
- Proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office Suite software, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Detail oriented with ability to complete tasks with high level of accuracy.
- Data entry experience is optimal.
- Interpret and key large amounts of data.
- Interest in evangelism.
Physical and Mental Demands
- Ability to track with and complete multiple tasks and fast paced work environment.
- Work is typically performed in a conventional office environment
- Employees filling associate positions, are allowed to work up to 1,000 a year (calendar/sequential) and are not offered any benefits.
- Continuing the lifelong work of Billy Graham, the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association exists to support and extend the evangelistic calling and ministry of Franklin Graham by proclaiming the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ to all we can by every effective means available to us and by equipping the church and others to do the same.
Statement of Faith
- These core beliefs make up the foundation upon which all our ministry endeavors are based.
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God revealing the love of God to the world. 1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17; John 3:16.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6.
- We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15.
- We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. Furthermore we believe that God will reward the righteous with eternal life in heaven, and that He will banish the unrighteous to everlasting punishment in hell. Luke 24: 46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. 1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. 1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23.
- We believe that the ministry of evangelism (sharing and proclaiming the message of salvation only possible by grace through faith in Jesus Christ) and discipleship (helping followers of Christ grow up into maturity in Christ) is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15.
- We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9.
- We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15.
- We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10.
Expectations for Ministry Employment
As an employee of Billy Graham Evangelistic Association:
- I acknowledge that the Lord Jesus Christ is my personal Savior and that I am a personal representative of Him.
- I understand that BGEA is a Christian organization whose purpose is proclaiming the message of the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ throughout the world.
- I agree that the purpose of my employment with BGEA is to further its Christian purpose, and that I am prepared to assist in accomplishing that purpose.
- I understand that I must exhibit conduct that is consistent with BGEA’s expectations, whether at work or away from work, in keeping with scriptural teachings and principles as set forth in God’s Word, BGEA’s Statement of Faith, and BGEA’s policies including Christian Conduct.
- I understand that BGEA has the right and the responsibility to ensure that its Christian religious purpose is carried on with the highest standards and is not harmed or impeded by conduct that is inconsistent with the Bible, BGEA’s Statement of Faith, its Christian religious purpose, or its policies.
- I understand that any of my conduct which is not in keeping with the scriptural teachings and principles as set forth in God’s Word, BGEA’s Statement of Faith, and BGEA’s policies, is inconsistent with BGEA’s Christian religious purpose.
- I understand that if my conduct is determined by BGEA to be inconsistent with its Christian religious purpose, the result will be corrective action up to and including termination from employment.
Attention To Detail