Job Title: SR BUYER / PLANNER
Location: Norcross, GA
Salary: $75-80k DOE plus 5% bonus opportunity
Employee Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and life insurance, long-term and short-term disability protection, vacation, paid holidays, sick days and a 401(k) plan.
In today’s world of technology, the recruitment and matching process has become automated, and personal relationships have become something of the past – we’re on a mission to change that! TalentStream specializes in helping organizations finding top talent in the Engineering, Manufacturing and Supply Chain space. We provide talent on a Direct Hire and Contract-to-Hire basis.
We are currently working with a client who is seeking qualified candidates for a SR BUYER / PLANNER based in their metro Atlanta, GA operation.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client is an established company specializing in products used in the medical industry. The position is located in their metro Atlanta, GA facility.
ABOUT THE JOB
The primary role of the SR BUYER / PLANNER includes analyzing, planning, and managing the flow of raw materials and subcontracted services to ensure appropriate raw materials levels are available to the manufacturing operation and the facility at large. The position identifies suppliers, negotiates pricing and delivery and communicates with suppliers on a regular basis to maintain effective relationships and ensure on-time deliveries in a cost-effective manner. The position is also responsible for identifying and recommending corrective action regarding the performance of suppliers.
Responsibilities of the SR BUYER / PLANNER will include:
● Procure, track and manage raw materials to meet planned and actual demand, by owning all supplier relationships and supplier management activities.
● Ensure supplier contracts are negotiated to provide best available materials for optimum prices, balancing cash flow concerns with inventory and manufacturing requirements.
● Ensure the database contains current, accurate supplier information, contract, purchase order and purchasing-related and raw material data. This includes planning information and MRP drivers.
● Work on cost reduction projects and other assigned projects
● Work with Engineering to research, source and acquire necessary raw materials.
● Expedite materials as needed by Production.
● Negotiate all MRO items and programs.
● Handle and execute all Facility issues that arise.
Desired skills for the SR BUYER / PLANNER position include:
● Proven computer skills — database, spreadsheet, written communication including electronic communications: (ERP, MS Office, particularly Excel and Word)
● Ability to plan and execute supply chain plans to meet inventory/WIP targets. Setup and maintain reorder points and ERP inputs/outputs.
● Proven negotiation skills; ability to influence attitudes and actions without authority
● Strong analytical, decision-making, problem solving skills required.
● Ability to work independently, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
● Effective, written and verbal communication skills required.
To be considered for the SR BUYER / PLANNER position, candidates should meet the following requirements:
● Bachelor's degree.
● Certification in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) and/or Purchasing (CPM), highly desirable.
● 5+ years' experience in procurement preferably in a manufacturing environment or laboratory institution supporting purchasing, planning or materials management.
● Experience working with overseas suppliers, highly desirable.
● Lean and Kanban expertise, desirable.
● Supply chain experience in the medical device industry and cGMPs highly desirable