TISTA Science and Technology Corporation (TISTA) supports our Federal customers with complex information technology and professional solutions including systems and application development, cybersecurity, data science, and comprehensive enterprise-wide infrastructure and operational support.
The Proposal Manager will be responsible for the full life cycle of proposal development, from pre-solicitation planning through content management, consolidation, quality assurance, compliance, production, and on-time delivery for select solicitation responses. The Proposal Manager will work with capture, pricing, contracts, recruiting, and subject matter experts—from TISTA and partner companies—to review and support content development and help craft winning proposals. The Proposal Manager will facilitate meetings, plan and implement the schedule, track status on all proposal-related activities, write proposal content as required, and ensure resulting documents for submission are both compliant and compelling.
- With support from capture, pricing, contracts, recruiting, and subject matter experts, create and deliver compelling proposals that comply with all solicitation requirements, clearly convey the strengths of our solution, and are of winning quality.
- Quickly and correctly interpret solicitation requirements and communicate them to the technical team.
- Create and control the proposal schedule.
- Track status on all relevant activities, and lead the personnel assigned to support each proposal effort. Balance workloads, expectations, and deadlines. Own the proposal and ensure everyone understands their assignments.
- Lead and facilitate development of win strategies, themes, discriminators, and value propositions, and ensure integration throughout the relevant sections of proposals.
- Facilitate solutioning sessions, writing sessions, and editing sessions with assigned subject matter experts, writers, editors, and graphic designers to generate accurate content in response to a solicitation.
- Independently author sections of proposals as required, including cover letters, executive summaries, introductions, management plans, staffing plans, tailored resumes, past performance descriptions, and other sections with which you have knowledge or experience.
- Ensure proposals at each phase of development are at the appropriate level of quality, and are easy and intuitive for reviewers/evaluators to score correctly.
- Instruct reviewers, facilitate reviews, and lead post-review debriefs, resulting in effective feedback and improved proposal content.
- Identify and further improve strengths of a proposal, beyond mere compliance, at each stage of proposal development, and identify and mitigate potential weaknesses.
- Support multiple concurrent opportunities at different stages of the business development lifecycle, from pre-solicitation planning (capture support) through solutioning, proposal content development, quality and compliance verification, production, and on-time delivery.
- Support related business development initiatives including opportunity identification, pre-solicitation research and analysis (capture support), post-submission “lessons learned”, boilerplate and past performance information organization, template creation and maintenance, style guide maintenance, and other tasks in support of overall proposal and business development processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required. Relevant technical courses of study, certifications, professional writing courses, and other training related to any aspect of proposal development or proposal management will be considered in addition to or in lieu of an academic degree.
- Minimum 3 years of direct experience and responsibility successfully developing high-quality proposals in response to Federal solicitations for IT services and solutions. Other relevant experience in team leadership, management, research, analysis, documentation, marketing, capture, software development, and/or related IT services implementation a plus.
- Professional training or certification in proposal management (APMP, Shipley, etc.) a plus.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Federal procurement processes, standard solicitation instructions, and proposal development methods.
- Superior oral and written communications skill sufficient to lead assigned proposal development team to produce accurate, compliant, and high-quality proposals.
- Proficient in writing grammatically correct and cogent non-technical proposal content, and technical proposal content based on input (oral or written) from subject matter experts.
- Knowledge of standard IT terminology sufficient for comprehending and editing technical content without changing or obfuscating the meaning.
- Superior proficiency with Microsoft Word, and highly competent with Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Adobe Acrobat. Experience with Microsoft Project, Visio, and/or Adobe Illustrator a plus.
- Adaptive to change throughout the proposal process and ability to maintain professionalism under stress.
Location: Rockville, MD
TISTA Science and Technology Corporation, a CMMI Maturity Level 3 company, focuses on delivering information technology and professional services to Federal and State agencies. TISTA is recognized in 2019 by Inc. 5000 as one of the fastest growing private companies in the US. TISTA is also a recipient of 2019 Top Veteran-Owned Companies by the Washington Business Journal. TISTA also received a 2018 Moxie Award in the GovCon category.
Here at TISTA Science and Technology we value our Veterans and encourage all to apply!
TISTA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of TISTA to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. TISTA will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Tista is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Proposal Manager or call
(301) 968-3420 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Microsoft Power Point