To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Basking Ridge, NJ 07920
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources Benefits Administrator
Barnes & Noble College • Basking Ridge, NJ
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
JOB TITLE: Benefits Administrator
REPORTS TO: Supervisor, Benefits Administration
- Human Resources Department
- Home Office, Field, and Store Management
- External Benefit Plan Service Providers
- Vendors, Claims Administrators, Insurers, Record-keepers/Trustees, Brokers/Consultants
The Benefits Administrator is responsible for the administration corporate group benefit programs, including group health, dental, vision, short-term, and long-term disability, worker’s compensation, life insurance, flexible spending, 401(k), and commuter benefits. Must be able to provide excellent customer service to all internal and external customers and supports team by assisting in special projects.
- Provides daily support and coverage of the Benefit Department’s employee hotline and email inbox
- Responds to employee inquiries with accurate, consistent and timely responses regarding benefit related questions and issues
- Pulls reporting from HRIS system (UltiPro) to review and communicate with employees who have experienced a change in eligibility status; updates employee profiles in UltiPro, prepares packets of information for mailings, sends waiver notices
- Enters employee benefit elections into HRIS system accurately and communicates retroactive benefit deductions to employees and payroll team
- Maintains organization of employee benefit files, ensuring all required support documentation is received and filed neatly in an established order
- Monitors vendor file feeds and corrects any deficiencies in HRIS/Vendor websites
- Assists with benefit plan audits by collecting, preparing and organizing data for assessments
- Performs administrative tasks associated with the Company’s 401(k) and Commuter Benefits plans
- Provides support during annual open enrollment event, works with other team members to ensure changes are correctly communicated to various vendors
- Assists in various Affordable Care Act (ACA) compliance requirements, to include reporting and communication of benefits eligibility as it applies to various measurement periods; supports development and distribution of 1094/1095 reporting and coordinate system updates
- Responds to and coordinates with governmental agencies and outside requests for verifications of coverage
- Processes vendor invoices and check requests as determined by the plans
- Assists with the development and maintenance of departmental procedures
- Ad Hoc reporting as requested
- Ability to problem solve and communicate solutions clearly
- Provides back-up to department as needed
- Works with key team members in times of system upgrades and changes
- Adheres to Barnes & Noble Policies and Procedures
- Performs other responsibilities as directed by supervisor
- Associates degree and 1-3 years of equivalent benefits administration experience preferred
- Ability to prioritize and accomplish work under moderate to limited supervision
- Skilled in verbal and written communications, including telephone and email etiquette
- Utilizes good judgement and critical thinking skills to apply effective problem-solving techniques
- Sufficient knowledge of Microsoft Applications, to include Word, Excel and Outlook
- General understanding of concepts, practices and procedures involved in administering employee benefits (e.g., COBRA, PPACA, ERISA, HIPAA, FMLA, etc.)
- Proven ability of working in a team environment
- Experience with Ultimate Software a plus
Barnes & Noble Education, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.