To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
2121 Crystal Drive
Arlington, VA 22202
- Scott Callan
- Phone: (724) 713-6866
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Manager, US Government Accounting
Cobham plc • Arlington, VA
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This position is responsible for:
- Providing practical, solution oriented guidance on all aspects of US Government (USG) Accounting.
- Overseeing USG accounting. The main focus will be on accounting in compliance with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFARS), Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and Indirect Rates and Indirect Rate Structure and Incurred Cost Submissions, with emphasis on Indirect Rates.
Accounting – Ensure Accounting is done within regulations, i.e. FAR 31, unallowables are excluded from Cost Claims.
- Support Incurred Cost Submissions and review and approve prior to submittal.
- Ensure sites have adequate Time and Labor Procedures. Support a single procedure across CAES for Time and Labor.
- Own Home Office Accounting (CAS 403) both incoming allocations and outgoing allocations.
Cost Accounting Standards - Prepare/maintain Disclosure Statements, and responsible for compliant accounting practices in accordance with CAS.
- Provide guidance on CAS changes and/or issues/non-compliances.
Finance – Create, track, maintain, perform analytics and support (indirect) bidding rates, direct labor rates.
- Evaluate indirect rate structures for best cost recovery and equitable allocation of costs.
General -Develop and maintain policies, tools and other resources related to USG Accounting.
Training - Identify training needs, and work with sites and Managers USG Compliance to establish plans to provide training.
Collaboration – Work with Managers USG Compliance to ensure all areas of USG Accounting are in compliance with USG Regulations.
- Travel to Sites and Sector as required (Approximately 10 – 15% travel).
Interpersonal and Personal:
- Trust & Ethics, Embracing Change, Emotional Intelligence, Influence & Communication, Initiative & Drive, Managing Time & Priorities, Problem Solving & Creativity, Working in Teams
Business and Process:
- Local and Global Business Environment, Business Operations, Systems and Processes, Business Planning and Strategy, Customer Orientation, Financial Management, Managing Projects, Business Improvement
Leadership and Management:
- Delivering Change, Developing Others, Leadership, Making Decisions, Managing Conflict, Managing Performance
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Management or related field with an advanced degree preferred.
- CPA preferred.
- An advanced knowledge of FAR, CAS, TINA, Business Systems and Processes, Contract Clauses, Indirect Rates, Forward Pricing Agreements, and related rules and regulations;
- 10 years of experience in a government contract accounting/compliance environment.
- Capability to operate at, and communicate to, the senior levels within BU and CAES management
- Must be available for travel to sites and CAES Home Office as required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain US Government security clearance, as warranted, required.
All applicants must be a U.S Citizen or U.S Person as defined by ITAR (a lawful permanent resident or someone who is a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C.1324b(a)(3)). In order to be eligible for positions requiring a Security Clearance, you must be a US Citizen.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.