To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
665 Maestro Drive
Reno, NV 89511
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Warehouse Supervisor (2nd Shift)
Arrow Electronics, Inc. • Reno, NV
Posted 1 month ago
Arrow Electronics is looking for energetic and enthusiastic individuals that work well in a fast-paced computer and electronics distribution center in Reno, NV.
Hours: 12:30pm-9pm M-F
Overtime is based on business needs and can be regularly required.
Salary: Industry Leader in Pay
This position supports the Logistics Team in directing the overall activities of the distribution center and interfaces with the supervisors of the other departments to ensure an efficient operation with maximum utilization of available human and material resources.
The successful individual will maintain a high level of employee morale and integrity in the department through positive motivation, development and training; direct daily operations of the shift consistent with established productivity, service level and quality standards; maintain performance reports to include internal and external quality and weekly and monthly shift productivity; take disciplinary action when necessary in accordance with Arrow policy and procedures and evaluate operational procedures to present improved methods for consideration.
● Responsible for day-to-day functions of Shipping department, ensuring goals are met or exceeded
● Supervise day-to-day operation of a single department (shipping), within the distribution/value add center consisting of non-exempt tactical personnel
● Directly supervise a team of 25 people on average
● With specific direction from management and HR, participate in staffing, terminations, disciplinary counseling, performance management and development, in conjunction with facility management
● Report and track department metrics, responding to internal customer inquiries. May need to elevate or work in conjunction with facility management to resolve complex issues
● Coordinate and supervise the daily activities of business or technical support or production team
● Set priorities for the team to ensure task completion
● Receive guidance and oversight from manager
● Typically do not spend more than 20% of time performing the work supervised
● Accountable for the results of small-sized routine support or production operations teams
● Solve problems based on set policies and procedures
● Train team members and provide input to employee performance evaluations
● Other duties as assigned
● Demonstrated supervisory experience of large teams in a warehouse environment
● Strong people management skills
● Tolerance for the physical demands of working in a warehouse (ability to stand, lift, bend, and kneel for extended periods of time in an environment that is climate controlled)
● Proficient knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems
● Proficient knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
● Proficient written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
● Ability to collaborate effectively with all levels of staff and management and mentor those who report through the position
● Bachelor’s Degree
● Knowledge of Six Sigma/Lean concepts, 5S
● Ability to easily interpret and use statistics in day-to-day decision making
● Basic statistical modeling
● Project management concepts/principles
● Root Cause Analysis, Pareto, and flow charts
● Evaluating processes to optimize product handling, product flow, and layouts
● 3-5 years experience in a supervisor role
● Prior experience in a distribution environment
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy. Our comprehensive, competitive benefits program is an important part of your total compensation package. We offer a variety of plans and coverage, including health, vision, dental, 401K, paid time off, and voluntary benefits as well as resources to help you make cost-effective decisions for you and your family.
Everyone counts at Arrow, and our benefits enable you to achieve and maintain better health and plan for your future as we work together toward smarter solutions in tomorrow’s technology. Arrow offers competitive time off for you, which includes accrued vacation time, personal and floating holidays, in addition to other observed holidays. These are granted based on the date you join the company in any given year. http://benefits.arrow.com
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Arrow Electronics, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please refer to our Hiring Process & Accommodations Request Instructions on our Career Site to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.