To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Baton Rouge, LA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Transportation Senior Operations Manager
Dupre' Logistics, LLC • Baton Rouge, LA
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Dupre’ Logistics is currently seeking a Senior Operations Manager to add to our team in Baton Rouge, LA. to support our Dedicated business unit.
Dupre’ Logistics is a fast growth transportation & logistics provider that is adding to our organization in order to meet and exceed these goals:
· provide safe service that’s profitable
· continue to profitably grow our business
· be the employer of choice
· be a career destination rather than a stepping stone on your career path
The Senior Operations Manager works in a fast paced environment that is the hub of activity in our business unit. This individual is the direct manager of several onsite field operations for our customers and will supervise Managers for our Dedicated Business Unit. Reporting to the Area Operations Manager, our Senior Operations Manager is responsible for instituting and implementing Dupre’s best practices, developing personnel, and achieving financial targets for the assigned locations.
· Monitor Area Performance: safety, customer service and profitability
· Direct employee coaching and development of managers within assigned area
· Promote corporate/field partnership
· Develop/maintain customer relationships
· Manage/perform start-up projects
The position will initiate with a 60 to 90 day training process requiring significant travel. A successful candidate will need to have flexibility to accommodate this critical orientation step.
We have an excellent compensation package: competitive salary, insurance, retirement, training, company vehicle, incentive bonus plan and exciting opportunities for advancement.
· 5-7 years of experience in onsite dedicated contract logistics, solid bulk/chemical transportation, Hazmat, Logistics/ Transportation Management with proven track record is preferred
· Multi-site operating environment with responsibilities for managing both Sales and Operations is required
· High level of computer, business analytics, and database skills experience
· Ability to travel from 30-50% of time and available for extended hours as business dictates
· Must relocate to Baton Rouge area or be a resident of the area
· P&L management experience is required
· Strong customer service orientation with an operational or industrial background required
· Ability to multi-task and make informed business decisions
· Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university or equivalent, preferred