To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Decatur, AL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Johnson Service Group • Decatur, AL
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This Weld Engineer position includes the following:
- Providing support of variable polarity plasma arc welding (VPPAW) equipment and other welding systems as needed
- Develop and qualify welding schedules, evaluate weld mechanical testing and metallurgical inspection, and implement weld process improvements
- Review visual, dye penetrant, and x-ray discrepancies and disposition rework/repair instructions to resolve welding defects
- Coordinate with engineering and production operations personnel to develop and communicate non-conformance repair procedures and implement related corrective actions
- Work will require frequent interaction with other organizational groups, such as: Facilities, Tooling, Production, Design Engineering, Equipment Contractors, and others.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Weld Engineering, Weld Engineering Technology, Materials Joining Engineering, or similar field
- More than 10 years of experience as a weld engineer
- Expertise in variable polarity plasma arc welding (VPPAW) of aluminum alloys
- Practical experience with weld system programming and weld system troubleshooting
- Knowledge of military and industry process applications and standards as related to welding and manufacturing operations
- Must be able to work all shifts and weekends
- Knowledge of Atlas VPPAW equipment.
- Additional experience with one or more of the following type of welding systems: friction stir welding (FSW), resistance spot welding (RSW), laser beam welding (LBW), gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW), and orbital tube welding (OTW)