To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
48230 West Road
Wixom, MI 48393
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
2nd Shift Production Manager
Glass & Mirror Craft • Wixom, MI
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Position Title: 2nd Shift Production Manager
Location: Wixom, MI
Reports To: Plant Manager
Direct Reports: 20-30 Team Members
Headquartered in Wixom Michigan, Glass & Mirror Craft is the industry leader of Custom Engineered Glass & Architectural Systems. For over 50 years, our craftsmen have been consistently delivering the highest level of quality by doing what they do best – applying their skill, drive and commitment to create glass and metal products that turns heads. Our vision begins with 3 GP’s - Great People, Great Principles and Great Products. What began as a provider of glass and mirrors to local glaziers and retail glass shops has become one of the most complete glass companies in the U.S.
To meet our customer’s demand for superior service and delivery, we are seeking a Production Manager for our PM shift who can assume the management role of developing and leading our production teams. You will be responsible for developing efficient work methods, and collaborating with our Team Members to increase productivity while maintaining our strong safety record. You will be given the responsibility to make big decisions regarding the successful fabrication of our products as well as the care and development of our teams and Team Members. Our culture demands that leadership must be built on the following “non-negotiables: Grit, Entrepreneurial Thought, Significance over Success, A Strong Desire to Learn, and Deep Customer Care. If you have these, and want to be a part of a growing organization, we would love to hear from you!
Description of the work:
● Grow, develop, and train your Production Teams into top notch leaders and lead operators who see you as a resource for their success.
● Execute the daily supplied production schedules, oversee the production processes, ensure the schedule is being followed, and review & adjust the schedule where needed.
● Determine the material resources needed to complete the schedule. Manage resources daily to ensure targets are being met.
● Implement new standard operating procedures for production operations and ensure they are adhered to as well as current operating procedures.
● Ensure all safety procedures are being adhered to.
● Set and monitor product quality standards and expectations.
● Work with teams to drive quality control, while detecting and correcting problems.
● Work with teams to determine and implement improvements to the production process.
● Prepare and maintain production reports (ex. Daily production, rejects, monthly metrics, etc.)
● Identify and create training schedules where needed.
● Ensure efficient collaboration and coordination between relevant departments including Sales, Engineering, Scheduling, FAB production, IG production, and Shipping.
● Input work schedules in the time clock and verify punches on a daily basis
● Demonstrated success in growing and developing a team of operators to meet production requirements
● Fundamental understanding of production rates, movement of product through a multi-process manufacturing environment, and the need to keep on top of manufacturing schedules.
● Prefer glass experience IN FABRICATION which can include Cutting, Tempering, Insulating, Laminating, and/or Decorative.
● Experience in leading and developing 20+ Team Members
● Must have a progressive manufacturing background.
● Entrepreneurial, self-disciplined. Demonstrated creative problem solver