Who we are:
La Rabida Children’s Hospital is the only hospital of its kind in Chicago. We specialize in treatment of chronic illnesses, developmental disabilities, abuse and trauma.
La Rabida provides comprehensive, interdisciplinary health services to children across a continuum of care, serving as a model for family-centered care.
La Rabida is a very special place. Triumphs occur here. Children overcome odds and excel beyond hope. This is where those who serve gain more than they give. La Rabida offers rewarding job opportunities across a wide array of clinical, administrative and support service functions.
Our lakefront location is spectacular. If you’re ready to work for an organization where caring is a way of life, you’ve come to the right place.
Day Shift (7a-7p)
- Performs various duties under the direction and supervision of a Professional Registered Nurse to provide care to patients from infancy to adolescence as well as some young adults with chronic medical conditions.
- The most common admitting patient diagnoses are sickle cell anemia, diabetes, asthma, severe burns, and physical and sexual abuse.
What we need from you:
- Interest in Nights (7p-7a, rotating weekends and holidays) required.
- High School Diploma or equivalency (GED)
- Nursing Assistant Illinois Certificate required.
- CPR certification required.
- Pediatric experience highly preferred
- Ability to work with children and families.
- Hospital experience, Nursing home experience preferred. (home health experience does not relate)
- Commitment, Dedication & Loyalty required.…. Looking for a home, not just another job.
What you will receive:
· Competitive Salary
· Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
· Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and Accident Insurance
· Retirement Plan - plan for your future and life after La Rabida with our customized 403b plan with generous matching
· Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) - we make sure employees have the time they need to recharge and be the best versions of themselves!
· Tuition Reimbursement - looking to continue your education toward a Bachelor's or Master's Degree.
La Rabida Children’s Hospital is very proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Diseases And Disorders
Hardworking And Dedicated
Registered Nurse Certified