Head of Banking Operations
Genesis Bank (In Organization) is a proposed, California-chartered, de novo commercial bank being organized by a group of highly experienced and successful bankers and business professionals. Genesis Bank (In Organization) secured state and federal approvals, subject to conditions relating to the establishment of de novo banks, and is seeking a highly motivated, entrepreneurial, and seasoned banking professional to help start-up the Bank. Genesis Bank (In Organization) will focus on serving the banking needs of small to mid-sized businesses, the owners of such businesses, business professionals, and owners and investors of income-producing properties (including multi-family and commercial real estate), located primarily in Orange and Los Angeles counties, California, as well as the western portions of the Inland Empire (Riverside and San Bernardino counties).
As the Head of Banking Operations, you will direct and oversee the banking operations function, including the management of Deposit Operations, Service Center, Treasury Management Support, Wire Department, and New Accounts. Our client will rely on you to be responsible for proactively partnering with Sales, Compliance, Legal, Risk, Audit, Information Technology, and Security to ensure consistent and efficient direction and communication of operational policies, procedures and best practices. The position is located in Newport Beach, California.
- Establishes and reviews key operational risk indicators/key control standards and formulates action plans to minimize exposure to fraud and losses;
- Takes a lead role in investigations into suspected or confirmed instances of fraud;
- Ensures that effective documentation is in place, in the form of user guides, and implements operational improvements to reduce operational costs, tighten controls, and improve service quality and customer service;
- Designs, develops, and updates the Bank’s Operational Manual and ensures compliance with all operational guidelines, processes, and procedures;
- Ensures compliance with Regulatory requirements relating to all departments within Banking Operations;
- Provides leadership and development of direct reports and banking operations leadership team to ensure the highest level of performance and competence are met. Builds a deep bench of high performing employees with succession plans, cross-training, goals, and objectives for each team member;
- Partners with IT to lead the development and enhancement of systems through technology and automation, equipment, or training procedure programs which will support products and/or services;
- Participates in various committees or bank-wide user groups to represent operations department on training or system needs;
- Implements and monitors tracking and performance monitoring mechanisms, as necessary, and provides required reporting to keep Executive Management apprised of operations activities; makes presentations and recommendations to improve customer experience, reduce cost, generate income, create efficiencies, or mitigate risk;
- Identifies opportunities for the centralization of manual work to be removed from customer facing bankers;
- Develops and maintains contingency or disaster recovery plans for the operations function, and implements plans as needed;
- Actively participates in industry-related seminars and training classes;
- Responsible for supervising the operations team, which may include more than one direct report, which may include: interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems; and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- College degree, or equivalent banking experience, with an emphasis in Banking Operations;
- 15 years of progressively responsible general banking or regulatory experience, with an emphasis in Banking Operations;
- Comprehensive understanding of general banking compliance regulations and laws;
- Comprehensive understanding of general banking activities, products, and services;
- Ability to routinely participate in required training (hosted or self-directed), and pass with satisfactory scores, tests or assessments associated with such training;
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to coach, mentor, and drive performance of direct reports and department staff;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; strong ability to present to and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, including clients, other departments, and senior and executive management;
- Ability to work in standard office environment or remotely if needed, with an environment suitable to maintaining expected work performance.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits.
To respond to this opportunity, please email your resume to: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Head of Banking Operations
Genesis Bank (In Organization) is an Equal Opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, sex (including pregnancy, breast feeding and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military and veteran status, marital status, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, physical disability, mental disability, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.