The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for designing micro-controller based real time embedded systems for test and measurement equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities
● Design digital and analog circuitry for microcontroller and PC based real time embedded systems.
● Evaluate and make recommendations on cost improvements, reliability and manufacturability of products.
● Work on cross functional teams to develop new products and redesign legacy products.
● Responsible for component selection, schematic capture, PCB layout, assembly and testing.
● Write code for microcontrollers, digital signal processors and programmable logic controllers.
● Design test fixtures for prototype verification and manufacturing quality control and functional verification of PCBAs and wiring harnesses.
● Assist with preparation of technical documentation for service manuals, assembly instructions and technical briefs.
● Responsible for the execution and implementation of engineering change orders (ECOs) and part approval requests.
● Provide customer support and education when needed.
Prerequisite Skills and Education
● BS degree in Electrical Engineering or similar degree, with 1-3 years of analog and digital embedded systems development experience.
● Knowledge of real time embedded systems including experience with component selection, firmware development and integration.
● Experience with EDA tools such as Mentor Graphics DxDesigner and PADS Layout.
● Solid working knowledge of typical electrical power and control components including (but not limited to): AC and DC motors, circuit breakers, drives, relays, switches and programmable logic controllers (PLCs).
● Familiar with product compliance including working with approval agencies and standards experience, including EMC knowledge for FCC, UL, and CE compliance.
● Familiar with Version Control software such as Visual Source Safe, GIT, and Subversion.
● Experience with PCB test equipment including oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers and multimeters.
● Knowledge of I/O communication protocols including RS232, USB, UART, SPI, I2C and WiFi.
● Some programming and debugging skills in C, C++ (some experience with Assembly preferred).
● Experience with LabView, Matlab and Visual Studio is a plus.
● Experience with Graphical User Interfaces (GUI) design is a plus.
● Experience with PC-based software including Visual Studio is a plus.
● Candidate must have good communication skills, and the ability to work within a team.
The above description covers the most significant duties performed but does not exclude other work assignments.
Founded in 1958, Troxler Electronic Laboratories, Inc. is a world leader in the manufacturing of precision testing, quality control and measurement equipment for the highway and construction industries. We are recognized worldwide as the industry standard for Nuclear Moisture/Density Gauges, and a leader in the production of Gyratory Compactors and Asphalt Ignition Ovens.
Troxler also provides a full range of radiological services to support users of radioactive material and radiation producing devices in industrial, governmental, medical, and educational settings.
With our global distribution network, along with sales and support offices in Texas, North Carolina, Illinois, Florida, California and Louisiana as well as China and Germany, Troxler provides full service, training, and maintenance support for all our products.