- Perform routine maintenance on all equipment (lubrication, oil change, etc.)
- Monitors field conditions and communicates same to management.
- Diagnose and assist in the repair of minor mechanical problems such as belt slippage, flat tires, tracing electrical failures/shorts, rebuild hydraulic pumps, replacement of water pumps, thermostats, and other mechanical parts, etc.
- Diagnose and repair highly complex mechanical problems such as: total rebuild of combines or harvesters, installation/programming of computer software, new wiring.
- Identify potential problems (mechanical or field conditions) and react appropriately.
- Maintain and repair facilities used for maintenance and storage of harvesting equipment.
- Work closely with Custom Harvest and Field Supervisors to permit timely harvest of high-quality product.
- Perform basic fabrications as needed.
- Supervise Field Crew as needed
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Must be willing to travel as the harvest deems necessary
- Must have at minimum two (2) years general mechanical experience preferably with agriculture equipment or heavy equipment (or)
- Completion of appropriate vocational/agriculture technical school training may be substituted for years of experience.
- Must be willing to travel as harvest deems necessary
- Must have a minimum of a high school diploma, equivalent (GED), or demonstrated proficiency through previous job experience and/or training in related performance responsibilities as listed
- Ability to handle physical exertion
Hanover Foods Corporation offers a salary commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, prescription drug and a 401(k) Retirement plan.
Hanover Foods Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.