Are you looking for a leadership opportunity in a food chemical manufacturing environment? Are you a degreed engineer with Plant Management experience? Are you comfortable and experienced in Lean, Six Sigma and Continuous Improvement processes? If you would like to grow your career and be part of a very successful GROWING company, then you could be what our client, a leader in the chemical blending industry, is looking for in their PLANT MANAGER! This is an excellent opportunity with an established and very fast growing company that offers a very competitive compensation package, truly outstanding benefits, and relocation assistance! If this is for you or someone you know, please forward a current resume to: URL blocked - click to apply
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The primary purpose of this position is to manage the day-to-day activities for the manufacturing at Waterloo as it pertains to safety, operations, environment, compliance, filling customer orders, and administrative functions. This position also supports the introduction of new products, processes and equipment, and drives efficiency improvements for existing production methods.
● Perform all duties outlined in relevant SOP’s and all other duties to be assigned.
● Resource management, including personnel selection and capital expenditure justification to optimize opportunities.
● Assure compliance to all regulations as dictated by FDA, DOT, EPA, DNR, OSHA, and other governmental agencies.
● Investigate, author, recommend and/or implement policies and procedures to improve facility performances.
● Coordinate and direct daily activities of all production.
● Review daily production schedule and direct activities to meet customer needs.
● Ensure plant equipment capacities and plant resources are aligned with product demand.
● Evaluate and recommend necessary staffing levels to support production.
● Review all expenses and maintain costs in support of annual budget.
● Continually evaluate, recommend and implement process changes to improve production efficiency.
● Identify and implement cost reduction opportunities.
● Follow-up and document incident investigations and customer complaints.
● Facilitate the introduction of new products into the plant.
● Works with the SQRA corporate department to ensure safety, regulatory, and compliance training is conducted to meet client and Regulatory agency requirements. Must be RCRA compliant.
● Maintains programs and policies to ensure a highly effective and motivated workforce.
● Participate in RCRA, regulatory, health & safety and process training activities as required. Review changes/additions with your supervisor. Must be RCRA compliant.
● Uphold client’s Standard of Excellence through a continuous commitment to maintain quality facilities and provide quality products and services to internal and external customers
● Perform all duties outlined in relevant SOPs and all other duties to be assigned.
● All staff members are responsible for reporting food safety problems to their supervisor or the SQF Practitioner upon observation of a known or potential issue.
● Guides employee performance and development through the use of daily communication and annual performance evaluations
● Support the overall Strategic Plan effort and goals for the entire facility, including safety, cost reduction, quality, backorders, budget, etc.
● Project development and management.
● Develop new and existing product SOPs, as needed.
● Active member of Emergency Response Team.
● Works with other staff members to maintain workload balances. Provides back-up support as necessary.
● Supports effective communication with all departments where responsibilities overlap to ensure success of the branch team.