This is Thivya rajendran from Zillion Technologies.we have Mainframe with SAS requirement with one of our direct client . if you like to apply for this job . please send me email/Contact Email blocked - click to apply and contact no - Phone number blocked - click to apply.
Location: Austin Tx
The Contractor shall provide Systems analysis/mainframe development services for the mainframe
environment involving coding and testing in support of service requests and problems received from
customers. The systems in this environment are typically written in COBOL II and use z/OS Compiler;
with supporting utilities such as Job Control Language (JCL), SAS (formerly known as Statistical
Analysis Systems), Customer Information Control System (CICS), Virtual Storage Access Method
(VSAM), IBM DB2 Enterprise Server Edition (DB2), Integrated Database Management System (IDMS),
ORACLE, and Model 204. Typical tools used are CA7, TSO ISPF, SyncSort, and ENDEVOR. The
Contractor shall use these various tools and programming languages to develop, update and maintain
Medical, Financial and other mainframe-based IT systems.
The Contractor shall:
1. Write, execute, and analyze benchmark programs to test proposed new software features.
2. Establish controls to ensure an accurate and timely product.
3. Perform the necessary quality assurance procedures and coordinate with all necessary elements to
ensure products conform to customer's requirements
4. Participate in the estimation process of projects.
5. Provide application programming support.
6. Maintain and update input screens, batch modules, and their related edit modules.
7. Maintain and update application modules and the associated JCL, copybooks, and PROCS as it
pertains to ITOPS IO projects.
8. Coordinate all work with other ITOPS IO application programmers and system programmers.
9. Analyze and recommend a test management process: analyze an application and determine
testing requirements, develop test plans, create test cases and perform tests runs, report and track
defects in the application and document the code changes and provide progress reports. Any
recommendations shall be provided to the COR/VA PM(s) for approval prior to any
10. Ensure that new software is integrated with existing software.
11. Design and document output formats for printed file records and reports and depict each position
that the program/module is to print or display.
12. Design and document each data field and verify that the data field is large enough to
accommodate the largest possible value it might contain and to allow for possible expansion.
13. Document the detailed logic required by the program/module and all of its processing steps.
14. Analyze production problems and research proper solutions.
15. Provide status updates of multiple efforts to co-workers, team leaders and supervisors.
16. Design and document the overall software process flow to include interfacing systems.
17. Inform the Project Manager of any identified risks pertaining to the project.
18. Resolve all action items assigned resulting from product reviews and process audits.
19. Attend project meetings, conduct peer reviews, and participate in product reviews of the
Requirements and Design Specification documents.
20. Convey explanations and details pertaining to requirements and service requests, orally and in
21. Utilize a change, configuration and release management product to create a new support request,
retrieve and modify an existing support request, and close a support request.
22. Perform production callback, including outside normal duty hours, weekends, and holidays.
23. Adhere to all ITOPS IO program and naming standards
10 years senior-level experience with Engineering, Computer Science, or related scientific /technical discipline.
Master’s Degree or 10 additional years of experience in lieu of degree
- Requires minimum 5 years of SAS experience
Interactive System Productivity Facility (Ispf)
Job Control Language (Jcl)
Virtual Storage Access Methods