Yard House is the creation of founder and entrepreneur Steele Platt, who came up with the concept shortly after relocating from Denver, Colorado to Southern California in the early 1990s. Platt, along with partners Harald Herrmann and Carlito Jocson, wanted to create a restaurant that would offer one of the largest selections of draft beers, a diverse menu of American fare, and play a heady selection of classic rock music on a state-of-the-art sound system. On December 7, 1996, the flagship Yard House opened along the Long Beach waterfront in Southern California.
The restaurant took its name from the 3-foot-tall glass containers originally designed in Great Britain and used to hand stagecoach drivers after a long journey by horse drawn carriage. Each Yard House location features a center island bar and an endless fleet of tap handles ranging from classic lagers to more obscure ales. The glass-enclosed keg room is essentially the pulse of the operation housing as much as 5,000 gallons of beer at a time. Three to five miles of individual beer lines stretch overhead from the keg room to the island bar maintaining a constant temperature of 34-36 degrees keeping the beer consistently fresh and perfectly chilled for every pint. Guests can sip their favorite draft beer from the popular half-yard, traditional pint or six pack sampler.
The award-winning and extensive menu of American fusion cuisine features more than 130 items including appetizers, salads, pastas, sandwiches, street tacos, grilled burgers, individual-size pizzas, seafood, steaks and ribs. The Kids Klub menu includes fresh-to-order favorites including a selection of healthy items for the Yard House pint-size guest. The lively environment is created by colorful abstract artwork, classic rock music and flat screens in every direction showcasing the day's news and sporting events. Yard House is the perfect place to celebrate a special occasion or gather your family for dinner.
The following are some of the benefits Yard House Management enjoys:
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Vacations
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Benefits
- 50-55 Hour Work Week
- Achievable Bonus Program
- Consecutive Days Off
- 401k Plan
Together we cannot accomplish anything unless we have fun. We are dedicated to a standard of superior guest experience, product quality, and a contribution to our communities through a true respect for our employees, guests, investors and suppliers.
We must keep improving our products and continue to review our enterprising spirit to remain competitive. We have an explicit belief in, and recognition of, the importance of economic and personal growth - which we believe will drive profit.
The achievements of our organization are the result of the combined efforts of each individual member of our team. We are all responsible for the company's image and team spirit.
- We hire really great people and we create an environment where people can make mistakes and grow
- We encourage contrary opinions, which we believe are an important source of vitality
- We believe "The difference is our people," and the involvement of all people is the life of the company
- We are committed to innovative and creative people at all levels of the organization
- We believe the pursuit of all tasks should be with the idea that they can be accomplished in a superior fashion
- We recognize that diversity helps us to connect the great variety of gifts, talents and skills that people contribute to our combined success. Each of us, no matter what our rank in the hierarchy may be, has the same rights: To be needed, to be involved, to understand the company, to affect our destiny, to be accountable, to appeal and to make a commitment.
"In order to be successful we believe that each and every one of us must hit our 'reset button' daily in order to maintain a fresh and driven perspective."