United States Sugar Corporation is one of the nation’s largest fully integrated producer of sugar cane, one of Florida’s major producers of orange juice products and a regional short line railroad operator.
U.S. Sugar Agribusiness U.S. Sugar
Headquartered in Clewiston, Florida the company farms more than 180,000 acres in Hendry, Glades, and Palm Beach counties and employs approximately 1,700 people including many high skilled/wage jobs in automated environments.
Produces 650,000 - 700,000 tons of cane sugar a year, providing nearly 8% of the nation’s sugar production.
Southern Gardens Citrus
Headquartered in Clewiston, FL the company employs approximately 300 people including high skilled / high wage jobs in variety of automated environments.
Largest bulk supplier of premium, not-from-concentrate (NFC) orange juice in the country and one of the largest independent suppliers of NFC juice to major brands. It has the capacity to process up to 20 million boxes of oranges per season, producing more than 100 million gallons of orange juice.
South Central Florida Express
Wholly owned and operated independent short line railroad with 156 miles of track, 14 locomotives and 950 railcars and employing 54 people.
Hauls sugar cane and products, fertilizer and farm equipment as well as products for lumber, paper and citrus industries.
BenefitsAt U.S. Sugar, we pride ourselves on offering a comprehensive range of employee benefits, which rank in the top 23% of national companies. If purchased individually, these benefits would cost each employee more than $30,000 per year.
U.S. Sugar Corporation currently offers:
Health Care and Insurance
• Health Insurance Coverage
• Group Term Life Insurance
• Cancer Care Coverage
• Accidental Death and Dismemberment Coverage
Savings/Financial and Retirement
• Voluntary 401k Plan
• Retirement Income Plan
• Employee Stock Ownership Plan
• Flexible Spending Account
• Paid vacation
• Paid sick leave
• Paid holidays for all regular full-time employees.
• Paid bereavement leave
• Jury Duty – Employees receive full pay when called to jury duty.
• Voting – We grant up to two hours of paid time off to vote.
• Our leadership development program enhances existing skills and encourages each individual to fulfill his or her own leadership potential.
The Company’s Rewards and Recognition Program demonstrates our appreciation in a tangible way, with monetary gifts and other honors, for employees who have “gone the extra mile,” to exhibit leadership, creativity, innovation, teamwork and other qualities that exemplify our corporate spirit.
Recipients of The President’s Award have displayed superior commitment to the company, excellence in service, innovative ideas, outstanding teamwork and unquestionable character.
The Excellence Awards
A series of awards which recognize employees’ commitment to: Continuous Work Process Improvement, Change, Team Playing, Leadership, Safety and Community Service.
These awards applaud significant contributions in separate areas. The criteria are different but the focus is the same: to reward our employees who “go the extra mile.”
United States Sugar Corporation is one of America’s largest diversified, privately held agribusiness firms. Vertical integration allows us to take sugar from the field to the grocer’s shelf through the most progressive and environmentally friendly farming techniques, modern sugar processing and refining facilities. Accomplishing this requires attention to our most valuable resource – our employees. We are always seeking knowledgeable, energetic, people who are committed to excellence.
Our employees use their talents, skills and interests to build rewarding careers with U.S. Sugar. The Company’s size, leadership in the industry and vertical integration enable us to offer an array of challenging positions, competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package and an empowering work environment.
- Our approximately 1,700 employees are also the Company’s owners, through an employee stock option plan. We’re rated among the top 50 employee-owned firms in the country.
- Because preventing workplace injuries is a top priority, U.S. Sugar has implemented a “safety first” culture that creates the safest possible work environment.
- To express our appreciation for extraordinary effort, innovation and initiative, we’ve developed an employee “Rewards and Recognition Program” that offers monetary rewards and other perks.
- Recognizing that physical and emotional well-being is a strong contributor to success, our Employee Assistance Program aids with emotional and/or substance abuse problems with the promise of complete confidentiality.
Contact UsU.S. Sugar is located in America's "Sweetest City".
111 Ponce de Leon Avenue
Clewiston, FL USA 33440
Phone: (863) 983-8121.