Parkview Health is a not-for-profit, community-based health system serving a northeast Indiana and northwest Ohio population of more than 895,000. With more than 12,000 employees, we’re the region’s largest employer.
Our mission is to improve your health and inspire you to take steps to improve your well-being. We've been serving our communities since our early beginnings as Fort Wayne City Hospital in 1878. The Parkview Health system was formed in 1995 and our heritage of care and compassion continues today with nine hospitals and a network of primary care and specialty physicians.
Our Mission and Vision
As a community owned, not-for-profit organization, Parkview Health is dedicated to improving your health and inspiring your well-being by…
- Tailoring a personalized health journey to achieve your unique goals
- Demonstrating world-class teamwork as we partner with you along that journey
- Providing the excellence, innovation and value you seek in terms of convenience, compassion, service, cost and quality
We Believe In Better
Our mission to improve health and inspire well-being in the communities we serve is achieved, in part, by exceeding the expectations of our patients, families and guests. The Parkview Standards of Behavior guide us in providing excellence, innovation and value our patients seek in terms of convenience, compassion, service, cost and quality.
We know that an environment of excellence is the best place for co-workers to work, physicians to practice medicine and patients to receive care.
Clinical, operational and service excellence is important to Parkview’s success, and our success enables us to continue with our mission in the community.
Adherence to these standards is reflected in co-worker performance evaluations and merit increases.
I am Parkview Health
We are proud of our association with Parkview and the mission to serve our community.
We prevent and resolve issues to maintain customer confidence.
We seek to understand and exceed our customers’ service expectations.
We consider individual customer needs and provide service with respect, compassion and integrity.
We demonstrate pride in the professionalism of our personal appearance and in the appearance of our facility.
We improve the processes that deliver service to our customers.
We guarantee confidentiality and respect all aspects of customer privacy.
Together, We’re Better
We partner together to enhance the quality of service we deliver to our customers.
Choose Parkview. This is why you chose healthcare.
Guided by our mission to improve the health of our communities, Parkview Health nurse leaders and co-workers have charted a course for nursing excellence and professional growth. Parkview nurses provide excellent care to every patient, every day.
Nurses working in complex healthcare environments are challenged to maintain clinical expertise and skills that lead to clinical excellence in the midst of changes in technology, government regulations and economic conditions. Parkview supports nursing professionals with the best clinical tools and current medical information.
To help enhance clinical excellence, Parkview nurses can draw on these resources:
- At Parkview, the Nursing Professional Practice Model provides the structure and process for staff nurses and nursing leaders to share in decision-making, interdisciplinary communication and collaboration on the delivery of nursing practice. This model also promotes a high degree of adaptability, teamwork and professionalism.
- Mosby’s Nursing Consult, an online resource that is accessed at the bedside, provides evidence-based nursing monographs, patient education handouts, the latest drug information, full-text journal articles, expert discussions from nursing and medical reference books and clinical updates.
- The Parkview Nurse is an annual publication documenting experiences of the registered professional nurses at Parkview. Sharing this information is intended to both inspire and inform nurses in their efforts regarding service enhancement and professional development.
- Parkview supports healthcare education in a variety of ways and has partnerships with the nursing departments at these universities: IPFW, The University of Saint Francis and Indiana Wesleyan University.