The Northern Kentucky Health Department is the local health department serving four counties in Kentucky: Boone, Campbell, Grant and Kenton.
The Northern Kentucky region is located across the Ohio River from Cincinnati. It includes a variety of communities, ranging from the urban core along the Ohio River to suburbs to more rural areas.
More than 400,000 people reside in the Northern Kentucky region, with many more visiting via travel by Interstates 75, 71 and 275 and via the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport.
The Health Department has approximately 150 employees working within the divisions of Administration and Accounting, Clinical Services, Environmental Health and Safety, and Population Health, along with the Office of the District Director of Health. The district operates four health centers, one in each county served, and one administrative location.
The Northern Kentucky Health Department is the public agency charged with performing mandated public health services and addressing priority community health needs.
We prevent disease, promote wellness and protect against health threats.
The Northern Kentucky Health Department will be a valued leader and community partner, with the resources needed to effectively address public health challenges so Northern Kentucky is the healthiest region in the nation.
• Respect: We embrace diversity and approach all people and ideas with dignity and open minds.
• Excellence: We strive to meet customer and community needs by providing the highest quality services, with a highly skilled workforce, through individual efforts and teamwork.
• Adaptability: We creatively apply technology, information, research and resources to effectively respond to the changing environment and changing needs of those we serve.
• Linkage: We form and maintain internal and external relationships for the mutual benefit of the community through collaboration and the sharing of information, resources and ideas to achieve a common goal.
• Integrity: We act with a consistency of character, and are forthright, open and accountable to our customers, our taxpayers and to each other for our actions.