NAFI/NFI is an organization built upon a belief in the power of community to unite, grow and transform individuals into their best selves. Our goal is to empower clients to maximize their independence and harness past experiences as strengths and wisdom to help them succeed in the future.
We are committed to quality improvement and accountability so we have invested in systems and training to support first-class data collection and transparency linked closely to program development.
We value diversity, training, self-care, personal growth and work satisfaction for staff because our staff are the character of the organization, which must be strong in order for our services to achieve results.
Our broad staff group includes many clinical and therapeutically trained professionals alongside many grassroots advocates for youth and families. This cross fertilization of skills has led to an organizational culture that is client-friendly and practical.
- Medical – with a generous employer contribution
- Dental – with a generous employer contribution
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and holiday leave
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Voluntary flexible spending accounts
- Voluntary employee-paid vision, short-term disability and Aflac insurance plans
- Voluntary 403(b) retirement/savings plan
- Access to credit union banking
- Employee referral program
The North American Family Institute is a private nonprofit human service agency specializing in community-based care for children, youth, and adults with emotional and/or behavioral problems. Since 1974, we have provided programming and services designed around the Normative Community Approach, which emphasizes the ability of all people to achieve positive change when they are members of a community united in mission and purpose. Together, we empower individuals to maximize their independence and succeed in the future.