Founded in 1852, Mercy holds the privilege of being Chicago’s first chartered teaching hospital. Since its founding, Mercy has become an integral part of the city, advancing our mission of providing access to compassionate care to our communities. Today, patients find care that combines world-class medicine with compassion, convenience and an undeniable spirit that sets it apart from other city hospitals. Here are just a few ways our experts and nationally ranked programs are leading the way in healthcare:
- Pioneering the treatment of heart and vascular disease, providing the most progressive care.
- Offering sophisticated and advanced minimally invasive surgical options of the future, including robotic assisted, 3D, and scarless surgery.
- Providing comprehensive, academic-level cancer treatment in an accessible, community based setting.
- Offering a new, first of its kind, innovative care pathway for the relief of back pain, providing access to a spine specialist within 48 hours.
Mercy Hospital & Medical Center offers a comprehensive benefits package designed to fit your lifestyle and career goals. We believe that taking care of our professionals leverages the quality of service we can provide to our patients. See below to learn why our comprehensive benefits package is just one aspect of what makes our career opportunities so remarkable.
Some of our general benefits for full-time employees include:
Health & Welfare Benefits
- Choice of Medical plans
- Choice of Dental plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical & Dependent Care Expenses)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Sick Days
- Hospital Paid Short-term Disability
- Hospital Paid Long-term Disability
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Matching Contribution
- Hospital Paid Basic Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Bereavement Leave
- Free Parking
- Pre-Tax Transportation & Parking
- Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Credit Union
- Payroll Direct Deposit
- Employee Fitness Center
At Mercy, it's more than a job, it's a commitment.
Take a look around Mercy Hospital & Medical Center, and you'll see something truly inspirational. Each and every day, we live our jobs. Our talented staff is dedicated to helping people heal. This commitment to caring is central to our mission. Our team is comprised of fast-paced, energized, creative and innovative thinkers, people who make things happen! The best and brightest work at Mercy Hospital & Medical Center. If you are committed to excellence and understand the importance of compassionate care, we invite you to consider joining our team
Mercy Hospital & Medical Center
2525 South Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60616-2477