Mercantil Commercebank N.A. is one of the largest privately held banks in South Florida serving its community for 30 years. Mercantil Commercebank has assets over $8 billion. The Bank is headquartered in Coral Gables, Florida, and has Banking Centers in South Florida; in Manhattan, New York; and in Houston, Texas. Mercantil Commercebank is a recipient of the “100 Top Business Minority Awards,” and is ranked as a Top Community Bank in South Florida. The Bank offers a wide variety of domestic, international, personal, and commercial banking services, including investment, trust, and estate planning through its subsidiaries, Mercantil Commercebank Investment Services, Inc. and Mercantil Commercebank Trust Company, N.A.
At Mercantil Commercebank, we understand that everyone has different needs for their health, well-being and financial future. Everyone’s career aspirations are different too. That’s why we offer a dynamic package of benefits designed to evolve with employees and their families.
- Medical and dental insurance plans for individuals and families with a choice of HMO or PPO
- Vision discounts included within the medical plan to help cover costs associated with eye care and eyeglasses
Retirement and Savings Benefits
- 401(K) savings plan where pre-tax contributions are partially matched to help accelerate long-term savings
- Profit sharing plan where you may be eligible to receive additional compensation as a percentage of your base salary
Income Protection Benefits
- Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
Life and Accidental Death Benefits
- Basic Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance and the option to purchase additional Life Insurance for you and your family.
- Paid holidays
- Accrued vacation for full-time and part-time positions
- Leaves of absence for family and medical emergencies, as well as military duty
Career Progression and Work Life Benefits
- Part-time work schedules are available in some positions
- Geographically dispersed work locations in South Florida, and one location in New York City’s Midtown and one in Downtown Houston
- Tuition and continuing education assistance for job-related coursework
At Mercantil Commercebank, employees are able to build solid careers and make contributions to our dynamic environment. As we continually evolve and move forward to keep pace with the needs of our customers who are transacting business within our markets and across the globe, we draw upon the talent of our employees to identify new solutions and innovative ideas. We value the unique contribution of each employee and create a culture to combine this individuality to create a thriving and visionary organization.
The Mercantil Commercebank culture is one that embraces social responsibility. We take our leadership role in the community seriously and reach out to make the markets we serve better places to live and work. Throughout our 30 year history, employees have been an integral part of expressing care and concern for our neighbors. Countless volunteer hours create lasting changes in our communities and provide forums for employees who work together to have fun together, too.