mdINR, is a Lincare Company, and operates as an Independent Diagnostic Testing Facility (IDTF). Our focus is dedicated exclusively to the servicing of PT/INR Home Monitoring Patients.
mdINR is an Independent Diagnostic Testing Facility (IDTF)
mdINR is an IDTF, however it is a specific type of IDTF, one that provides support for PT/INR patient self-testing. mdINR does this by providing the following services:
- Verifying insurance benefits and reimbursement
- Face-to-face PT/INR home monitor training for patients
- Providing all testing supplies (PT/INR testing monitor, test strips, lancets, and alcohol swabs)
- Communicating the test result data to the prescribing healthcare provider for clinical decision-making
As numerous studies conclude, more frequent INR testing leads to better outcomes for anticoagulation therapy patients. 1,2 Home testing for qualified candidates is a great way to increase the frequency of test values and reduce the reaction time to adjust treatments.
Studies show self testing:
- May increase time in range for patients with mechanical heart valves
- May increase time in range for older patients
- May reduce adverse events associated with self-monitoring
59 Windsor Highway, Suite 240
New Windsor, NY 12553
Phone: (800) 877-4910
Fax: (845) 565-3269